Chapter 3

A/N: Don't listen to the song until I tell you later in the story

A/N: Don't listen to the song until I tell you later in the story. Sorry for not updating sooner...test are coming and I have writers block.

Lyric POV

"Come on Darling, get up, we have a plane to catch." I heard someone say, I was to tired to tell who. "Go away, Cierra, You kept me up till three, dragging me to one of your stupid parties, you could at least let me sleep in." I grumbled to my adoptive little sister. "Who is Cierra love?" asked the voice again...wait, I know that voice..."Ahh!" I jumped up and fell off the bed. I looked up and sighed as I saw Klaus. "Guess it wasn't a dream" I mumbled to myself. "No, love, you were not dreaming, now I will ask again, who is Cierra?" Klaus asked impatient. I sighed and looked at him." She was my adopted sister." I say sadly. "What do you mean was, love?" Klaus inquired.
"You will find out when I tell you the rest of my story. Now shoo! I have to get ready. Get Rebekah will you?" I demanded. "Yes ma'am!" Klaus said sarcastically. "You know, you are the only person who has demanded something of me and lived?" Klaus question. "I like to believe I am special." "You are love." He stated before leaving me gobsmacked. "So, Nik told me I'm needed?" Bekah snapped me out of my trance. "Yes! Fashion police is needed. I don't have anything to wear and I know you are just the person to come to." I practically jumped on her. "Alright calm down. Now let's see, you need something comfy but stylish. Your complexion is light, maybe a white top with a black jacket-no leather isn't comfy-Oh I have just the thing!" She said so fast I could barely hear then was gone and back in a flash. "Here you go. Get dressed then call me and I will do your hair and makeup." She snapped excitedly. "Beks, you know that we're going to be on a plane, not going anywhere special, right?" I asked. "Yes I know silly girl, but that is no excuse to not look your best. Now go! We're wasting time and Nik isn't very patient darling." she says as she pushes me out the door. I laugh knowing she's right and not to test her. "Ok ok I'm going. No need to push." I giggle out. Right then I stopped dead in my tracks I don't giggle. I laugh and snort sure, but I don't giggle. "What's wrong?" Beks asks me. "I giggled." I stated as if it were the most obvious thing ever. "So?" she asked. "Whats the big deal about that?" "I don't giggle! I'm not a girly girl who acts like that and goes prancing around after boys! I fight boys, play in mud, and binge on ice-cream and pizza while watching The Originals and The Vampire Diaries!" I all but yelled! "Well you certainly look like a girl. You are now a Tom-Girl. You can giggle occasionally, fight boys, dress fantastically, prank Kol and Elijah, party, and binge on ice-cream while watching the drama constantly arriving. Now come, Nik is getting impatient."

--------------------------------------------Skip To Plane Ride-----------------------------------------------------------

Klaus' POV

Lyric looked amazing today. What  am I thinking? I'm into Caroline. But it's true, as she sits there listening to her music gazing out the window....she looks like a natural beauty. You wouldn't think she went through what she did. I want to hear the end of her story. Who is Cierra? How did she die? When did this take place? How does her story get worse than what she has already been through? I need to know. I stand and go over to her and gently tug on her earbud. "Yes Klaus?" Lyric asks curious of what I want....but also weary. I decided to ease it into the conversation. "What are you listening to love?" I ask curious to the music coming out of the earbud. "It's a song I wrote and Cierra preformed called 'Believe'. I taught her how to sing when she was 12. She was my best friend and my adopted sister. Here listen.

It was the very first song I wrote about her. She made me believe in love. But familial love. " She explained to me with tears in her eyes. I found my opening and took it as I took her hand. "Darling...what is the rest of your story?" I ask gently not wanting to push her to much. What is happening to me? I don't care if a mere girl cries! So why do I feel like comforting her? This is confusing, aggravating, and yet....intriguing at the same time. She is drawing me in...I'm captivated by her....and I don't know how to stop it, or if I even want to. Her sharp intake of breath drew me out of my thoughts.

Lyrics POV

Darling...what is the rest of your story?" Klaus asks gently. He is being nicer than he is supposed to. It was strange and enthralling all at once. As what he asks registers in my mind I take a sharp intake of breath. Can I finish telling him my gruesome story? Will I be able to relive the rest? It was hard enough for the first part of the story. But he deserves to know...after all I know his past, present, and future. Hesitantly I nod. As I prepare for what I'm about to say, I see Rebekah silently come in and sit still on the phone with who I assume is Elijah. "As you know I have been abused since the age of two. She continued the abuse until I was sixteen and killed my sister/daughter Joalee right in front of me and I ran way....then the police found me and sent me to live with my father. From there things had started to look up. I was still scared for months, thinking he would hurt me like my mother had done. But he never did. I found out that I had an adopted sister, she was 12 years old and the one to get me out of my shell. After the first time I met her, I knew I could trust her. She reminded me so much of Joalee, yet she was so different. She preferred dancing over singing, adored getting into mock fights, and talking with me. I taught her how to sing properly and we wrote our first song, she of course added a dance routine to it. She gave me hope that things would be ok. My father and I grew close also. We would sit and watch the baseball game as it came on, went fishing, intimidated Cierra's boyfriends, and talked about his job. It was great 'till about a year later. We went to the diner across the street from our house and were talking about Cierra's latest dance performance. We laughed as we drove home. When we got there, we noticed the front door was jarred open. Dad told us to stay in the car as he went to check the house out. He ran into the house and was in there for ten minutes before we heard a gunshot. Both Cierra and I got out of the car and ran inside. What I saw froze me in my place as my bones chilled with fear. "Phil" I remember murmuring with wide, fear-filled eyes. "W-What are you doing here? How did you find me?" I asked while trying to hold Cierra back from running to dad. I had tears in my eyes, as I had to stop myself from running over, knowing he was dead. "You took something very precious of mine away from me Lyric, now I plan to return the favor" He exclaimed stepping forward....towards Cierra.

TO BE CONTINUED......