Chapter 1

Dear Diary

Hi it's Eilish. I feel stupid introducing myself but if somebody finds this one day they need to know who I am. (Excuse my awful handwriting whoever is reading this). Well I'm Eilish O'Sullivan named after my great grandmother; it's from the Norman name Alice from Elizabeth - it means God is my oath. My parents liked it because they're devoted Catholics. I'm 16 years old and I guess my life is falling apart. I hate to sound so cliché but I honestly think it is. We'll get on to that later though.
Introduction. Well my birthday is the 17th of May 2001. Yep look at the year and minus one then you'll know my age. I was born in Belfast, Northern Ireland. It's nice. I love the country side and it's such a small community. Pretty much everyone in our town goes to a catholic school and if you don't you're definitely the black sheep of the group. Nobody has any secrets but I like it that way.. less drama than cities.
My mum and dad got married quite young, I think it was arranged. They had my older brother Patrick just after their 2nd wedding anniversary. Yes I know Patrick is such a stereotypical Irish name but it's my dads name, my grandfathers name, my great grandfathers name.. it goes on. He's 19. Then 2 years later my brother Cian. Then me, then Siobhan she's 14. She's so down to earth like a really typical Irish girl minus the temper. My parents waited for us older lot to grow up a bit before they had another child; Ava - she's 7 and finally our precious little Aideen who's 4. Honestly I don't think you could get an any more Irish family.

"Eilish O'Sullivan if you don't stop doodling in that notebook right this second and put your bags in the van you're going to be grounded before we even get to our new house!" My mother yelled from the empty kitchen.
I jumped up and grabbed my suitcases. Siobhan helped me squeeze my case into the boot of the car.
"You excited El?" She asked with a concerned tone.
"Uh I guess.. I dunno it's all a bit scary." I muttered.
"It's an adventure." Cian chimed in placing his duffle bag on top of mine.
"Not all adventures end well." I remarked.
"They're still fun." He chuckled.
"Yeah well lets ask the Spanish Armada."
"Alright you two enough arguing about historical events." My dad joked.

We all buckled up and the car started. Ohio. Wow. That's a long way a way. I'll never see my friends unless mum lets me come back in the summer.. doubt it. I couldn't handle the horrible thoughts of never coming back to the little red swing set at easter bunny park (nicknamed by Cian and I). I put my earphones in and started reminiscing.

I learned to ride my bike with Alana Smith down this street. I broke my arm falling out of that tree with Cian. I lost my first tooth on that corner when Adrian Twomey threw his ball at my head, that was also the day I got my first boyfriend.. Adrian Twomey.
I quickly wiped away the escaped tear. This is it. All my memories are being left behind. My childhood. My first kiss happened under that blossom tree last spring. Ugh. Paramore started playing and I turned the volume all the way up.
"Goodbye Belfast." I whispered as we left my small town.