Chapter 16

Dear Diary

Thank god I found you! I lost you nearly 5 months ago. So much has happened. Lucas hasn't spoken to me still, Cara and Cian are getting pretty serious.. so are Tyler and I.
Tomorrow Tyler is taking me to this concert kind of thing. It's like this start up band in somebody's basement, but it's being advertised as a concert. Sorry somebody just knocked on my door. I'll catch you up another time.
Bye x

"Come in!" I yelled.
"Eilish I need your help." Cara panted, slamming the door behind her.
"Do you want me to get Cian?"
"No it's uh kinda to do with him and I don't want him to know." She explained, close to tears.
"What's going on?" I asked.
"I'm pregnant." She sobbed.
"Wait what? This is. My mums gonna kill Cian. Catholics having sex before marriage. He's dead. My niece or nephew will never know their dad." I rambled in a panic.
"Nobody's gonna find out." She whispered.
"I'm pretty sure in a few months people are gonna start to notice you're getting a bit round."
"Slow down I can barely understand you. No I'm gonna take care of it.. ya know?"
"Oh no you're not Cara. You are not killing my niece or nephew. My mum will die of a broken heart. Cian needs to have a say in it. Cara please don't. My family will support you. I know you don't really have the best support system. You'll move in with us. I mean Patrick is moving out soon so it'll wo-"
"Eilish shut up for a second!" We both sat in silence getting lost in our thoughts.

My brother is gonna be a dad. I'm not going to have my big brother to look out for me because he's going to be looking out for his baby. I'm so happy for them but they're so young. Oh god I can't handle this I have an English essay to finish.

"Okay." Cara said with a cracked voice, finally breaking the deadly silence.
"Okay what? What are you go-"
"I'm not telling you until you promise you will stop babbling."
"Okay I promise." We linked pinkies and I sat on my hands.
"I'm gonna keep it." Remembering the pinkie promise I just smiled. "Can you come with me to tell Cian?" She asked nervously.
"Of course."
We headed into Patrick and Cian's room - Patrick was out.
"Oh hey babe. Eilish? What are you both doing here?" I closed the door and leant against it. Cara sat next to Cian on the bed and sighed.
"I'm pregnant."
"Oh my gosh. We need to tell my parents. They'll kill me though. I'll be disowned. My baby will never know its father. Cara what are we go-"
"No, stop you are just like your sister. You get scared, babble and I can't understand a word you're saying."
"Sorry." Cian muttered.
"Okay this is what's going to happen. We are going to go downstairs and tell your parents. El said that your parents will take care of me because my mum will definitely throw me out."
"Of course they'll look after you. Okay let's go." The three of us made our way to the living room where the grandparents to be were sat. I made a silent prayer to a God I didn't believe in to give Cian the chance to make it out alive.
"Mum. Dad." The new father started.