Chapter 13

Dear Diary

Saturdays are quite boring when you've just moved and you don't really know many people because you never have plans! Siobhan is at the mall. Patrick is at baseball practice. Ava is across the street. Aideen is at a play date. Why do they all have fun things to do? Someone just knocked on my door.
Bye x

"Come in!" I yelled, closing my journal.
"Hey." Cian smiled.
"Can I help?" I asked, eyebrows raised.
"Do you wanna do something today? There's nothing else to really do."
"Uh sure. What did you have in mind?"
"Not sure yet." He kind of just stood awkwardly and waited for one of us to come up with an idea. My phone started ringing and made us both jump.
"Hello?" I started.
"Hey El! A few friends and I are heading to the quarry to swim. Do you wanna come? Bring whoever. The more the merrier." Cara explained.
"Sure sounds fun! I'll probably bring a couple people." I agreed.
"Awesome! We've got loads of stuff so you don't have to bring anything except for swim stuff but we might head to mine after so bring something to sleep in just in case you do stay at mine."
"Thanks, I'll meet at your place in an hour?"
"It's a plan. See ya then."
"See ya." I grinned, hanging up the phone. Cian looked at me scowling.
"What crawled up your ass?"
"Thanks for ditching me." He scoffed.
"Hmm that's funny don't remember doing that. If you waited 10 seconds you'd know that I was inviting you."
"Oh." Cian's cheeks flared red in embarrassment. "Sorry."
"You coming?"
"Yeah!"
Cian skipped off to gather his things. I felt awful about what happened the other day with Lucas interrupting Tyler and I. You could tell Tyler had something really important to say and was upset when he couldn't say it. I'll invite him to the quarry.
'Hey TyJo fancy going swimming with me and a couple friends? X' I typed. Minutes later I received a response.
'Hmm I mean I am super busy doing absolutely anything else but I think I could squeeze you into my schedule. X' I quietly giggled at his reply and starting typing back.
'Meet at my place in half an hour!'
'Okay :)'
He's such a goofball. I know I only saw him yesterday but I'm so excited to see him again. Why do I feel like this about him?

I jumped down every step until I arrived at the door.
"Secret password?" I asked jokingly.
"Open sessers." Tyler recited.
"Welcome to the emerald city." I smiled, opening the door wide.
"Thank you kind guard." He replied going in for a hug. "I missed you."
"I missed you too."
"You guys saw each other yesterday. And you talked on the phone until god knows what time." Cian chimed in.
"Not relevant." I shushed.
"Shall we go?" Tyler suggested.
"Yes we shall." Tyler grabbed my hand and we walked toward his car, Cian following obediently behind us.