Chapter 19

Dear Diary

Well Josh's full name is Joshua Dun. He goes to my high school.. had no idea. He's not in any of mine or Tyler's classes but Cara said he's in her shop class.
Him and Tyler really hit it off. They're currently at Taco Bell on a bro date. Dinner with my family yesterday was kind of tense at first but my parents love Tyler. I honestly think they're planning our wedding as I write. Cian and Cara have been arguing a bit but nothing serious. Cian's just mad about my dad and doesn't really want to be under this pressure.
I've got to go, babysitting.
Bye x

I looked at my phone and saw there was a text from Lucas.
'Hi.. I know I've been a bit of a dick. Can you come outside?'
I rolled my eyes and ignored his text. Nearly 20 minutes later I had ignored about 15 of his texts.
"Cara!" I yelled. She came running in to the living room thinking something was wrong.
"Yeah what's happened? What's up?" She panted.
"Look at this." I showed her the texts and she just rolled her eyes as I had done before.
"Do you want to be his friend?"
"Not really. Kinda. No."
"Well meet him and tell him that."
"What even happened between you two?" I asked changing the subject.
"He dubbed us best friends when we were like 5. Last year we were at a party and I got drunk and made out with his boyfriend. I know what I did was wrong but Dylan was literally just experimenting with guys and told me he didn't like Lucas."
"Oh. Well that sucks."
"Yeah I feel bad but I was drunk and they were gonna break up anyway. You should meet him."
"Okay."

"Please El. I'm so sorry. One more chance." Lucas begged.
"I don't want anything to do with you Lucas. Get away from me. Don't talk to me." I said and turned around to head for my front door.
"Wrong answer." He whispered maliciously. I felt a sharp pain in my lower back and something warm on my clothes. He smacked me in the back of the head with a rock and dragged me to the dirt road in the nearby woods. He just left me.

"M'am can you hear me?"
Silence.
"M'am tell me if you can hear me."
Silence.
"We're going to have to resuscitate her."
Electricity surged through my chest trying to restart my heart.
Silence.
"Again."
Silence.