Chapter 11

Dear Diary

Well practice is going pretty well.. we've only been here for 20 minutes. It's difficult because Tyler is so quiet and reserved today. He's gone to grab us both some redbull from the vending machine. I really hope everyone likes our song. We worked really hard on it.
Bye x

"Tyler sweetie?" I started putting a hand on his shoulder. He flinched at my touch.
"Huh?" He mumbled.
"What's going on?"
"Nothing, I'm fine." He lied.
"Tyler." I heard the faint sniffle and my heart broke. "It's Okay to cry."
"I can't believe he's gone." Tyler cried.
We sat and talked about what happened and I feel I helped Tyler a lot. He was a mess. He told me that over the past week he's only had 12 hours sleep. I didn't want him to feel like this. After all it is my life to make him have a life. I might ask him to stay at mine tonight. Maybe he'll sleep better.
"Come on darling. Let's get a snack and take 15 minutes then try get back to practice." I suggested offering him my hand. He took it willingly and we headed to the cafeteria.

Lucas ran toward me at the speed of light.
"Okay calm it." I laughed as he halted in front of me.
"Sorry just really nervous but excited about the performances even though mine is kinda crap but it could get a good grade you know like A for effort but then again-"
"Stop babbling!" I yelled grabbing his shoulders and shaking him slightly.
"Okay sorry. Where's Tyler?" He asked.
"Uh he's pretty nervous so he's gone for a walk. Clear his head."
"Ah cool." Lucas smiled awkwardly. I looked at the ground sheepishly and twiddled with my thumbs.
"Lucas come on!" A group of people yelled in our direction.
"Coming! Sorry drama squad we're going to rehearsals. Catch you later?"
"Yeah sure. See ya. Good luck."

I wandered the school grounds alone listening to Native Tongue by Paramore on repeat. I arrived at the playing fields. It was so desolate. There was no practice today. I sat in the bleachers looking at the empty field. It's crazy how one minute all the rows of seats would be filled with avid fans, girlfriends, boyfriends, family members cheering their school baseball team on but the next it is emptiness. Not a word for miles.
"Are you thinking the same as me?" The cracked voice made me jump.
"That the world is crazy?" I replied.
"Exactly." The voice came and sat next to me. They placed their hand on my knee and rested their head on my shoulder. I continued to stare at the abandoned grounds.
"Tyler?" I whispered.
"Yeah." He replied.
"Do you want to come to my house tonight? Maybe you'll sleep better." I asked nervously.
"I wouldn't love anything more. Thank you." Tyler said in his raspy broken voice.
"Okay." I handed Tyler one of my earphones and turned up the volume. I closed my eyes and embraced the summer air.