Never Have I Ever

Draco heaved a dramatic sigh and flopped back on his bed. "Remind me why we are going, again?" he asked. Blaise rolled his eyes in the mirror. He touched up his hair and straightened his tie before turning around to face Draco.

"Because our Headmistress thinks it is necessary for there to be inter-house bonding." He made a gagging noise. "And anyone who doesn't go will end up detention for the next week. Personally, I cannot think of anything worse than spending my Friday evening with a bunch of Gryffindorks, Ravenclaws and Huffledudders." Draco snorted and used one of the bedposts to haul himself up.

"Well, everyone knows you'd rather be in some broom closet shagging Daphne," he drawled .

"At least I'm getting laid," retorted Blaise. Draco glared, not that it accomplished much, except for Blaise to start sniggering. Draco stalked out of the dorm, slamming the door behind him. Blaise followed, still chortling. When they arrived in the common room they found the rest of the eighth year Slytherins waiting of them.

After Potter had defeated the Dark Lord at the end of last year, Hogwarts had reopened. All students were invited to repeat the previous year, as very little actual learning had gone on. More like chaos and fear and punishment. Draco still shuddered at the memory.

So, here they were again, back for their eighth year at Hogwarts. They still had to take their N.E.W.T.s if they wanted a half decent career. Their numbers were smaller, however. And not just the Slytherins. Crabbe, and Ernie MacMillan had died in the war. Theo Nott, the Patil Twins, Hannah Abbott and one Ravenclaw who's name Draco couldn't recall had opted to take the N.E.W.T.s at home. But for the most part, it was like any other year.

Pansy came up to Draco and looped her arm through his. Together they led the procession up to the Great Hall, where the eighth years were having their "bonding sessions". Noticing the petulant expression Draco was wearing, Pansy said,

"Oh cheer up, Draco, it might not be that bad."

"Inter-house bonding, Pans. With Gryffindors, and Potter, and Hufflepuffs, and Potter! Of course it is going to be awful."

"Drama queen," she said affectionately. "Besides, I thought you can tolerate Potter now." Draco glared. Pansy grinned and switched the topic to the latest Falcon's match. When the reached the Great Hall, Draco pushed open the doors with a flourish, before marching in, robes billowing in typical Slytherin fashion. Headmistress McGonagall looked up when he entered.

"You're late!" barked a familiar sounding voice. Draco scoffed.

"Potter, Slytherins are never on time, we're always fashionably late." McGonagall cut in before they argument could get out of hand.

"Now that you're all here," she said, with a rather pointed glare at the Slytherins that Draco blithely ignored, "tonight's activities can begin. As you all know, we are working for inter-house unity. You will spend one Friday every two weeks bonding with the rest of your year. I will be back an hour before breakfast tomorrow morning. The doors will be sealed; no one is allowed to leave. If there is an emergency, send a Patronus. I expect to find you all alive upon my return." There were several disbelieving snorts. Draco would never snort, it was beneath his dignity as a Malfoy, but he couldn't help agreeing. McGonagall sighed, exasperated.

"You are 18 years of age. It is time to start acting like it. " That said she quickly transformed the Great Hall with a wave of her wand. The floor became covered with a thick carpet, and a pile of sleeping bags appeared in one corner. The house tables disappeared, leaving the Hall looking exceedingly empty. "Remember, I will be monitoring the level of magic, if it gets out of hand, I will take away your wands. Goodnight." With that she exited the hall, murmuring a locking charm behind her.