You, Me and The Stars

I'm so so sorry for taking so long. My exams are going on and apart from that it's me being lazy. Sorrryyy.

Onto the story then!

*****

His gray, silvery eyes glistened with something that could be described as curiosity. However, Harry knew better than that. He could easily gauge his worst enemy and his best kept secrets through his expressive yet masked eyes. No one would even bat an eye at the condescending smirk of his high demeanor — they were quite used to it.

But Harry did.

Hell, he spent hours just gazing at Malfoy's fragile yet string frame, contemplating his life decisions. Pitiful, he thought. But it wasn't as if he could help it. Observing Malfoy, scrutinizing his subtle features always came natural to Harry. Since first year. And still it is, now that it's their sixth year together.

He vividly remembered the day–the very moment–when he refused to take Malfoy's hand, back in their first year. He couldn't fathom why he did that though, and brushed it off as an instinct. He preferred to avenge his redhead friend's insult than take his hand. He also brushed off Malfoy's possibly strange, dare he say, rejected look, in the matter of seconds.

And Harry is clueless, why those repressed memories resurfaced all of a sudden, and hitting him in waves. Maybe he consumed a little too much of Butterbear this evening. Unless it made no sense why Draco Malfoy of all people, decided to attack major parts of his brain at midnight.

"I need to take in some fresh air," Harry sighed, running his hand through his usual messy hair, in a vain attempt to straighten it. Failing. Yet again.

Harry rubbed his eyes to keep him from falling asleep anytime soon. Putting on his glasses, and of course, his invisibility cloak, he tip-toed down the stairs to their common room. There, Hermione seemed to have fallen asleep on the couch. With an open book and Crookshanks on her lap. No surprise.

Suddenly, Hermione's face contorted into that of a tortured look as the words slipped out of her mouth, "No, don't just copy my Potions homework! I've taken ages to complete it, Professor Snape's gonna kill me!"

Even in her dreams. Harry stifled a small chuckle and crept through the door, more carefully as to not awaken the Fat Lady or his quiet night stroll would no longer be what you call 'quiet'.

He walked lazily along the corridor, trudging down the stairs which moved under his feet. After a vigorous battle of 'yes' and 'no-s', he decided to hit the astronomy tower. He needed some fresh air to distract his mind, clogged with none other than Draco Malfoy.

Once again, the aged stairs shifted under his feet as Harry made his way up to the tower. Someone passing by (possibly Filch), gave a suspicious grunt, then brushed the feeling off a gust of wind swishing past Harry flickered his light. But Harry sweared, that Mrs Norris could see right through him. Harry heaved out a relieved sigh when the duo went away, and continued walking up.

The stars seemed to shine a little too brightly when Harry made himself comfortable on the cold, hard floor. Not easy. The darkness inside the place made it impossible for any sight and Harry did miss the presence of a second person in the tower.

Everything seemed to be peaceful and calm until the sound of someone breathing beside him, had Harry startled. He scurried away, making an obvious sound of surprise. Also, making the second person know about another person's presence.

"Who's there?" It sounded too familiar, without its snarky tone, too much like.....Malfoy? That was not only in his mind, as apparently, Harry said that out loud. Wrong move.