Kiss Me Awake

No please no please no no no no no n-

"Mr Malfoy and Mr Potter."

Professor Mcgonagall, their new headmistress,  announced, forcing out a groan from the addressed boys. As cliché as it sounds, somehow, they always seem to be assigned together contradicting how they seem to hate each other with their last drop of blood. And their professors? Don't even mention them. They've got this sadistic pleasure of bringing them together and making them suffer. A snap of the professor's sharp fingers brought them back to the reality.

"That's all, students. I expect your assignments to be submitted after your Christmas holidays. No cheating, no not doing the projects and absolutely no backing off." Harry felt as if it was directed at him and he couldn't be more right.

"Now, off to your dorms."

xxx

"She can't do this! This....this is unfair!" The trio was walking up the stairs, with Harry being extra whiny and the other two giving him sympathetic pats and looks now and then. Yes, situations like this were not rare, but spending the whole of the Christmas holidays at Malfoy's was not quite an appealing idea.

This year, they had to work in partners, and separate projects for each subject they opted for. And surprisingly—at least to Harry and Malfoy—their forte of choices resemble in ways more than one, resulting in them being partners for all of the subjects. As if Harry's holidays could get any more worse.

For transfiguration, they have to sharpen their skills and weirdly enough, Harry thought of turning Malfoy into a ferret. For Defence Against Dark Arts, they have to improve their Patronus—which was quite easy for the brown haired boy, due to his previous acquaintances with his. For Potions, Slughorn–yes, Professor Macgonagall re-appointed him which he happily accepted–assigned them to brew the 'Draught Of Living Death' and he had this expectation that Harry would be able to bee it perfectly. Professor Flitwick, Professor Sprout generously gave them nothing but to revise their chapters.

Harry groaned again, startling a first year near him.

"Well, she just did. You can't do anything to change that." Hermione deadpanned.

"But but-"

"No buts Harry, you know you have to do this. Your internal marks depend on this activity," Hermione countered with Ron adding, "all this social interaction and shit or whatever she's thinking in that extraordinary head of hers." Ron tried to console him, but it only seemed to worsen his mood.

"I can cope with the Dursleys but Malfoy? Never in a million years! I would rather die than interact with him!" The thought of spending time with his worst enemy and doing anything other than throwing threats and curses at each other scarred Harry.

"Well about th-" Ron started.

"Good to know the feeling's mutual Potter." A sharp voice cut through his speech and Harry didn't have to turn around to know whom that voice belongs to. They always seem to be on the same page everytime. Much to Harry's frustration.

The three turned around, only to meet the blonde they were talking oh so lovingly about, a prominent smirk on his lips. Malfoy sure knew how to get on people's—especially Harry's—nerves.

"What? Too scared that you'll confess your unrequited love to me if we work together?" Malfoy laughed, his eyes filled with mock. Narrowing his eyes in a glare, he was going to give back a snarky comment, but Ron's hand held him back.

"Get the fuck away from him." Ron snarled,"he ain't a homo like you."

For a moment Harry thought something changed in Malfoy's features but it wasn't visible the next time he blinked. Must've been his imagination.