My son's clone

"Another bloody day." Arthur Kirkland thought as he trudged up the steps into his home in the late hours of the night, finally home after a long day of work as a lawyer. Arthur Ignatius Kirkland walked slowly through his home, loosening his tie and setting his briefcase down before walking into the study, mentally preparing himself for the paperwork he would have to work on. A blue blanket with a tuft of blond hair peeking out on the couch in his study caught his eye, and he eased the blanket away, careful not to wake the sleeping boy on the couch. The boy had blond hair with a cowlick and bright blue eyes, currently behind closed eyelids. He was five years old, loud, friendly, with a cheerful personality and a smile cute enough to make even the most frigid heart melt. Arthur's son, Alfred Foster Jones. Arthur gently scooped Alfred up, carrying him to his bedroom. As he set him down on the bed, Alfred's eyes fluttered open.

"D-d-daddy?" Alfred whispered, his words being interrupted by a massive yawn.

"Yes poppet it's daddy. Now go to sleep it's quite late. You shouldn't have tried to wait for me." Arthur whispered back, trying to sound stern but failing due to the large smile stretching his face.

"I... just... wanted to see you." Alfred mumbled, blinking his sleep clouded eyes at his dad. "Goodnight daddy, I love you." he said, falling asleep immediately.

"Goodnight Alfred, I love you too." Arthur whispered, kissing his son's forehead and exiting the door, softly shutting it. He opened the door to his study and sat at his desk, preparing to sort through the cases that he was assigned to see which ones he would do. He thumbed through the cases, stopping when one caught his eye. He gasped and brought the picture closer to his face. In the middle of the information about his client there was... Alfred? Upon closer inspection the photograph was proven not to be Alfred, with this boy having slightly longer, lighter hair and light purple eyes. Arthur was intrigued about this case, took out the folder. Grabbing his reading glasses, he began to comb through the file. The case was nothing new, just a custody battle. But it was the clients that interested Arthur.

Name: Francis Bonnefoy

Nationality: French Republic (République Française)

Age: 25

Gender: Male

Birthday: 7/14/1991

Reason for requesting lawyer: Wife is filing for divorce and he is filing for custody of son (see page 6)

There was more information on Francis listed below, but Arthur's eyes had wandered to the attached photograph of his client. The man wasn't bad looking, with shoulder length blond hair and beautiful blue eyes that sparkled in the light of the camera.

"Oh he's actually pretty attractive. No no no bad Arthur. He may be pretty but he's also FRENCH, and on top of that, a client. Now why the bloody hell is his son an actual copy of mine?"

Arthur quickly flipped to the page that had first captured his eye, the page with Alfred's twin.

Name: Matthew Williams

Nationality: Canadian

Age: 5

Gender: Male

Birthday: 7/1/2011

Relationship to client: Son of Francis Bonnefoy and Emillise Williams. Ms. Williams is filing for divorce from Mr. Bonnefoy for unknown reasons, and both are requesting custody of Matthew.

"Bloody hell. This will be a tough fight for the French bloke. Mothers are more likely to receive custody in the first place and on top of that you are single while it says that she has a new partner to raise the child with."

Arthur decided to accept the case, and pulled out his laptop, cracking his knuckles and tapping out an email to Francis.

Dear Francis Bonnefoy,

Hello Mr. Bonnefoy, my name is Arthur Kirkland and I will be your lawyer in the custody battle over your son, Matthew. It is pretty hard to win these types of cases but I will do my best to help you. There will need to be additional details however, and these are best exchanged in person and not over email.

Regards,

Arthur Kirkland