RomaNO

The dinner started, and Arthur found himself enjoying it very much. He was seated across from Ludwig and Feliciano, who had energetically talked about pasta for almost the entire duration of the meal. It came as no surprise when Arthur found out that Feliciano was considered one of the best Italian cooks in Berlin, where he lived with Ludwig. Lovino sat at his right side, and Arthur enjoyed the rather grumpy man's company. They talked at a length about their jobs when Arthur found out that Lovino was also a lawyer, and Lovino mostly complained about Antonio and Ludwig, who he did not seem to like very much, though he did not disclose the reason why. At the end of the meal, as Francis and Elizaveta were clearing away the plates, Feliciano stood up.

"Fratello what is-a that on your finger?" Lovino suddenly demanded, staring intently at Feliciano's hand, which was holding a wineglass. Arthur had actually inquired whether Feliciano was of legal age to drink, with Francis reassuring him that the Italian had turned 21 a couple months earlier.

"Ve~ Luddy proposed to me! It's my engagement ring, ti piace? (do you like) Feliciano beamed, pulling Ludwig up and making him hold out his hand. Applause and cheers burst to life around the table, and while he was congratulating the newly engaged couple, Arthur glanced at Lovino.

The older Italian's face was a mask of shock and anger, eyes burning and as short as he was, Arthur found himself quite scared of what his reaction might be. He stood and stalked over to Ludwig, ignoring Antonio as he attempted to pacify the seemingly livid Italian. Ludwig shuffled uncomfortably as the brother of his fiancé approached, holding out his hands in a gesture of surrender. "Lovino, i'm very sorry I should have asked for jour blessing but-"

He was interrupted when the short man stuck out a hand, still scowling fiercely. Ludwig stared for a few moments, shocked speechless, before hesitantly extending his own. Lovino grew impatient at the German's caution and as soon as their fingertips touched, he pulled the taller man into a tight embrace. An audible gasp was heard all around the room, as was the tinkle of shattering glass from the kitchen.

"Treat my fratello well, Ludwig." Lovino said as he pulled away, a rare smile gracing his features. Feliciano and Antonio promptly burst into tears. Lovino stepped around Ludwig and hugged his sobbing brother, rubbing his back soothingly. "Ti amo, fratello. I wish that you be happy in-a your marriage." He whispered to his overjoyed brother, who hugged him back. Antonio was standing off to the side and was also embraced by his husband, who hugged back with enthusiasm. "What-a are you bastards doing!?" he yelled out when he was released, glaring at everyone with a scowl back in place. "Congragulate my fratello on his happiness and not me for not being an asshole! Oi vino bastardo get some of the good champagne that-a I know you have so we can-a properly celebrate." he instructed, smile back on his face despite his attempts to replace it with a scowl.

"D'accord!" Francis sang, skipping to the kitchen. Arthur decided to follow him. In the kitchen Gilbert was holding Elizaveta in his arms, lightly scolding her while trying to gather bits of broken glass into a pile with his feet.

"What the hell happened here?" Arthur exclaimed in shock, noticing blood all over the Hungarian woman's face.

"A fucking fangirl moment over Lovino not being a dick to West. Lizzie jou beautiful idiot vhen vhill jou learn?" He scolded Elizaveta, obviously concerned.

"It's just a silly nosebleed Gilbert i'm fine." She protested, struggling in Gilbert's arms.

"Ja but jou know vhat vhill not be fine soon? Us after Frenchie notices zhat jou broke one of his favorite plates." He growled, jerking his head to where Francis was rummaging in his alcohol cabinet, happily oblivious to the pile of broken glass on his pristine kitchen floor. Elizaveta's face went white, and she bolted out of the kitchen. Arthur followed, sensing that it would not be wise to remain in the kitchen after Francis turned around.