Artie's also a pretty princess

(A/N I made my friend do research on Pennsylvania custody laws for this so if any info is wrong blame them. Also this will be a looooong story but updates will be either every day or every other day)

Arthur stood in front of the mirror in the hall, checking his appearance. Suddenly an arm wrapped around his neck, and he was forced into a loose chokehold.

"BLOODY HELL ALLISTOR LET ME GO YOU TOSSER!" Arthur yelled as his hair was messed up and Allistor laughed.

"O hell nah! I got tae wish me wee brother luck on his date!" Allistor teased. Arthur threw his brother off, and stalked off to the kitchen.

"It's not a bloody date. It's a meeting with a client and a house inspection, and said client happened to be kind enough to throw dinner into the mix. Also I don't think I could ever go on another date after what happened." he said, pain filling his voice at the last sentence. "Besides," he continued, tone becoming brisk "I have a five year old son. And I haven't even met this Francis fellow for crying out loud."

The normally cheerful Scotsman grew serious, and he laid a comforting hand on Arthur's arm. "I know this is hard for ye, but ye need tae move on." he muttered, his voice sorrowful.

"I'll move on, but i'll never forget. Now if you excuse me, I must get going or i'll be late. Call me if there's an emergency. And by emergency I mean something serious happened."

"Oh ye know me what's tha worst tha can happen." Allistor responded, removing his hand before his brother had the chance to slap it away.

"Oh I don't know what about that time when you and the twins set the house on fire. WITH ME INSIDE."

"THA' WAS FIFTEEN FOKIN YEARS AGO AND YOUR REACTION WAS WORTH IT. besides twas only tha kitchen you just overreacted."

Arthur turned around with a huff and walked to the living room, finding Alfred on the floor, surrounded by crayons. "Alright Alfie i'm going to go to a meeting with someone ok? Uncle Allistor is going to stay with you. I'll be back a bit late, so don't try to wait for me like you did the other night. Have fun and call me if Allistor is being more of an idiot than usual."

"I HEARD THA'!"

"Shut up you know it's true. Now come say bye to daddy."

Alfred finished drawing and sprang up, hugging his father tightly. "Bye daddy!" he chirped, crushing nearly all the air out of Arthur. He released him after a couple seconds and ran back to his drawing, holding it out to Arthur. "Look I drew our family!" he said, looking up into Arthur's face, joy all over his own.

"T-that's lovely. Why don't you run along and tell Uncle Allistor to hang it on the fridge?" Arthur said, a small smile crossing his face as he ruffled his son's hair. "Bye Alfred."

As Arthur got into the car, he drove about 15 minutes to the address that Francis had sent him, reminding himself to drive the American way. When he first moved to Philadelphia seven years ago he nearly got into an accident the first day. As he turned onto a small street, he was greeted by a beautiful house.

No way that's where this bloke lives.

Arthur thought as he parked the car. He double checked the address and yep that was it. Arthur walked up the short path to the door, admiring the roses that lined the stone path. The air was sweet with their smell, the roses in clusters of different colors, from light green to deep red.

This Francis fellow might not be bad. I mean props to anyone that has the time and patience to manage such a beautiful garden. Now all that's left to do is see if my analysis of character based on garden is correct.