I can try

''Zayn, please.'' I cried as I tried to pull him away from Luke, whom's face got paler and paler in Zayn's grasp. ''Do you wanna spend the rest of your life in jail?'' I asked in hopes Zayn would realise that murder was something illegal and he would be punished hardly for this, it wasn't even worth it. Luke wasn't worth ruining Zayn's future.

I saw Luke struggle to get out of Zayn's harsh grip, but it was totally useless. He wasn't one to even compete with Zayn, even though Zayn wasn't that buff, he had one hell of a strenght in those tattooed arms. I bent down in front of Zayn, so he would just look at me for a second.

Zayn's POV

My eyes were focussed on Luke and only on Luke. How fucked could he? How did he even had the fucking guts to come up here to her fucking house and try something like that? He made me sick to my stomach. 

''Zayn,'' I hear her soft voice tremble before I felt two soft hands cup my face. I tried to focus on Luke underneath me but these hands made chills go down spine. I shut my eyes swiftly before looking up, to see Mina looking at me, her beautiful golden eyes teared up and her shivering bottom lip. 

''Please let him go,'' She said softly and I bit my lower lip. ''I can't.'' My voice trembled and I glanced at Luke who loosened up my grasp on his throat. ''Zayn, now. You're going to kill him.'' Mina said desperately and I gulped, she never sounded like this, so full of worry.

I suddenly pull my hands away from Luke's throat, as Luke starts to struggle to regain his breath again. Mina let out a shaky breath before I feel her arms fly around me and she hugs me tightly. I don't even move as she pulls me even closer and I can hear her sobs in my neck. 

''You saved me.'' She continues sobbing as she doesn't pulls away from me. I glance at Luke who looks oddly sick and I feel myself raging with anger again. I pull away from Mina as I walk over to Luke, his eyes immediately full of fear. ''I-I'm so, so sorr-'' He stuttered but I cut him off. ''Save it. If I see you once again even near her, nothing and no one will stop me from killing you, got it?'' I spat and he nodded hastily as he tried to stand up. I grabbed him by his collar and dragged him out of the house before I roughly let go of him at the front door. ''This was the last fucking time I've warned you.'' I spat before I shut the door behind me.

I took another deep breath before walking back to Mina, who still sat in the same spot as when she hugged me. She was hugging her knees this time, and I could see her jeans were still unbuttoned. It broke my heart seeing her like this, but I warned her, didn't I? What could've happened if I wouldn't be here at the right moment, I didn't even wanted to think about it.

I could hear her faint sobs in the room and sighed. My head told me I saved her, and I was done here, but my heard told me to stay, to comfort her after something like this. 

I could still feel the shattered pieces of my heart the moment she told me so easily to basically back the fuck off. ''I'm leaving.'' I stated and her head shot up, her teary eyes looking at mine. 

''Can't you stay? Just a l-little longer?'' She stuttered as she stood up, but suddenly looked down at her jeans and saw they were still unbuttoned. Her head stood low and I knew she was crying again. I slowly walked over to her, in a vain attempt to comfort her a little. I wasn't that heartless.

''Hey, it's okay.'' I said softly as I rubbed circles on her back and I felt her arms embrace my waist as she cried into my chest. ''How could I be so stupid?'' She cried and I sighed.  ''You should've listened to me, Mina.'' I said shortly and her breathing got a little heavier as she suddenly pulled away. ''You were speaking the truth all along, and I didn't even believe you.'' She sniffed as she looked up at me, and I shrugged. ''I'm so sorry, Zayn.'' She said and let out a shaky breath before she looked at the glass table which had broke into a thousand pieces. ''I better clean that up before my mum comes home.'' She sighed as she grabbed an old carton box from the kitchen and collected all the big pieces of glass.

''I'll help you.'' I mumbled , after all it was my fault it had broke. ''I'll buy you and your mum a new table, okay?'' I said as we were cleaning the mess up. ''No, it's okay. I'll just tell her I had dropped my books or something on the table.'' She muttered as she tucked a strand of hair between her ear.

When we were done cleaning up, we were just sitting on the sofa, staring at the turned off tv in front of us. ''I can't thank you enough for what you did, Zayn.'' Her soft voice broke the silence, luckily she had calmed down a lot more since earlier. ''It's cool.'' I spoke as I went with a hand through my hair.  

''It's not, I should've just listened to you. Then all of this wouldn't even happen.'' She breathed and I knew she was on the verge of tears. ''Calm down, it's over now. I'm here and you're safe, got it?'' I whispered as she cried in my chest, once again. I sighed as I put my arms around her this time, and pulled her closer to me. I softly inhaled the vanilla scent she lingered off, along with a men cologne, probably Luke's. This felt somewhat nice though, I've been dying to hold her like this for miserable ages.

''I'm so stupid.'' She sniffed after a while as she pulled away. ''No, you're human and everyone makes mistakes.'' I explained. ''Since when have you become so philosophical?'' She smiled a little at me, which made the mood less tense. ''I don't know,'' I smiled weakly at her, I still wanted to be with her, even after all that just happened. 

''You know, speaking about us, I-'' Mina began but she got interrupted by the doorbell. She gave me a quick glance before she walked to the front door and opened it. Soon her mum walked into the livingroom with some plastic bags in her hand. ''Oh can I help you?'' I quick asked as I stood up to take the heavy bags of groceries from her. ''No, no it's fine,'' Her mum smiled. ''What a pleasant surprise to see you here, Zayn.'' She smiled kindly before turning to Mina, who bit her lip and looked at me. She was still upset about what happened with Luke, obviously.

''Erm, Mina and I were just about to take a walk.'' I said as I walked over to Mina, softly squeezing her hand. ''Oh well, as long as you bring her home in time.'' Her mum grinned and luckily didn't notice anything about how hard Mina was squeezing my hand back. ''Thanks.'' She whispered as we walked out of the house. 

''I'm sorry, I just feel like an emotional wreck right now.'' She chuckled softly and as I glanced beside me as we were walking, I noticed a tear trickling down her cheek. ''I understand, it's not nothing what happened.'' I said softly as I kicked a little pebble away. ''You were ready to kill him, weren't you?'' She asked as I could feel her look my way. It stayed quiet for a while.

''Yes.'' I answered truthfully. ''Why? After all I did to you, why would you want to protect me like that?'' She asked, so she thought I didn't had any feelings left for her, as if they flew by like the days flew by. And maybe, just maybe, that was the best for us.

''It doesn't matter who it is, no women deserves something like that.'' I said as I cleared my throat. ''How can I ever repay you?'' She sighed as we stopped walking and sat down on a little bench in a park. ''You don't have to.'' I smiled weakly at her and I could her eyes trail down to my lips and back to my eyes.

''I can try,'' She muttered before she put her hand on the back of my neck, and leaned in. 

She was going to kiss me.

AN: I think this chapter is actually quite sweet and caring, but does he even wanna be together with Mina anymore, since they're not the best couple? What do you think? And also, comment your age below :) Hope you enjoyed, loves. Xo