Chapter Four: The Real Fucking Deal

So that's how my new gaming life began. Randal arranged everything starting with me signing some papers. After that, we both shook on it. Guess that means there's no turning back now. Randal will tell me via text or call when will my first fight will be. So I took his phone number and he made me label it 'Agent'. He already have my phone number as well.

"I'll be seeing you soon, Rose." he said as he call his guards in. "It was nice seeing you. Until the first fight."

He dismissed me and took me away with the guards. I hopped in the car and they drove me to the cafe where me and Shaine last hang out. When I got down, one of the guards on the driver's seat open their windows and told me this: "Remember, you are not suppose to tell anyone that you met your biological father."

I looked at them I'm confusion. "What do you mean?"

"Meaning, you can not, shall not, and will not tell a single soul about you and your conversation with your father or the plan of his." he replied.

"Then what am I suppose to tell my mom?"

"You're a smart kid. Figure something out."

He closed his window and drove away. I checked my phone and it was almost 7:30. Shit! How am I suppose to tell my mom?

I got home and sure enough, mom was waiting for me at the kitchen. "Rosella Miller," my mother scowled using my whole name. God, how I hate it so much. "Where have you been? Your grandmother kept on rambling that we need to call the US Military to make a search party for you!"

No joke. One time, I was only away for a minute to buy some powdered malt drink and some chips when one of our cooks kept on complaining how gran reacted when I was gone. They said she burst out of the room, yelling at them for not keeping an eye on me and started crying because she thought I was dead.

Remember guys: One minute. 

"Shaine and I went out to her place and--"

"You didn't tell me that part!" she yelled.

"I'm sorry! I was a sudden change of plan!" I paused for a few minute to think up of an excuse. "Shaine drank whip cream in her drink that made her go to the bathroom."

"You could have told me that in text"

"I told you, mom, It was a--"

"Enough! You're grounded!"

"What? NO!"

"No internet for a week. And you should be home before 5:30. Beyond that time, you punishment will be extended."

"But--"

"A single word from you and it'll be a month."

I shut my mouth and sighed in defeat. "No wondered dad left."

"What?"

Oh shit!

Did she just hear that?

"Nothing." I quickly shrugged the subject.

"No. I swear I heard something from you. What did you say?"

"I said nothing."

"Don't lie to me, Rose!"

"I said no--No wondered dad left!"

Oh god! Shut up!

"Dad didn't left because he cheated on you, he left because of this messed up family. You said to him that you won't end up like gran. You made him believe that you were right for him, and you failed. Now, it's like you're blaming me for being born all because I do looked just like him, don't I?"