1

Arebella Jones lived a happy life in California. She had lots of friends, she did well in school, and she was captain of the soccer team. Arebella had always had a passion for the sea, most of the times she just sat on her balcony and sketched as she looked at the calm waters. There was one unusual thing about Arebella, her last name. Her last name was hyphenated Swan-Jones, meanwhile her parents last names were Kapichi. She never questioned it though, she liked being unique. She preferred to go as Bella Jones because it sounds more normal then Arebella Swan-Jones. She only lets her mother and father plus her best friend Lizzie call here Arebella. Although Lizzie sometimes calls here Ari.

At the moment Bella was studying for her math test on Tuesday when her mother had yelled from up the stairs that supper was ready Bella, being starving rushed down the stairs at top speed. She heard her parents whispering so she didn't enter the room. She did however stand in the doorway of the kitchen in shock what her father had just said. "We have to tell her at some point Matt." "Well how do we explain to our 15 almost 16 year old daughter that she was adopted?!"

"I'm a-adopted?!" I said very shocked. "Uh no sweetie! I mean....... Matt!"My mother attempted to get a sentence out in panic. "I hate to be the one who has  to tell you this but.. yes we adopted you when you were 3 days old." Thoughts raced through my head. I knew that my 'parents' were talking but I didn't bother listening. Did my parents not want me? Did they abandon me? Were they unable to take care of me? Questions raced through my mind but I just slowly walked back up to my room. I think my 'Parents' well Alice and Matt were yelling but I just tuned them out and flopped on my bed