Part 6

The smile disappeared the moment you heard the familiar sounds of your mom and sister arguing. Why is she home? What does she want? you thought. You were going to head upstairs but something told you to stay and overhear their conversation.

"YOU NEVER WANT ME TO BE HAPPY" your sister yelled.

"It's not that, you're just too young" replied your mom

"IF I WANT TO GET MARRIED THEN I'M GOING TO DO IT WHETHER YOU APPROVE OF NOT!"

"So...she's getting married to the guy she is living with" you whispered to yourself. Not that you had any problem. The guy was a great guy. He treated your sister with the utmost respect, treated your family with respect, and had a career in computer engineering, which means you knew your sister wasn't going to have to struggle with money...ever. But your mom is right. Your sister is only 21, how can she not finish school and just get married? She should wait a while until she finishes school. And your mom said exactly that to her, which set your sister off.

"I DON'T KNOW WHY I CAME TO TELL YOU! YOU NEVER THERE FOR ME! I BASICALLY RAISED MYSELF!"

And that sent you over the edge. How dare your sister claim that she raised herself. You were only three years younger than her, and you saw all the struggles your mom went through to make your sister happy. Your sister was never grateful for anything, especially towards your mom. She clearly expressed her disdain towards your mom and everything she did. Now that she was moving out, it was time for you to give her a piece of your mind. Thirteen years of anger, and pent up frustration was about to be unleashed from the most unexpected person: you.

"DON'T YOU EVER SAY THAT YOU RAISED YOURSELF! Did you provide a roof for yourself when you were young? Did you feed yourself and do chores and work and go to school at the age of fifteen? Who's the one that gave you a down payment when you wanted a brand new car!? Tell me...who was the one who had your back when you so close to not graduating high school?! Was all that you? Did you have to struggle on how to find money when you wanted a new dress for your performances?...because god forbid you couldn't wear the same thing. I've had enough of you bagging on mom! And don't you start that I was always her favorite because if that were true, mom wouldn't have done all these things for you." You yelled back.

As you said each word, you were walking closer and closer to your sister, finally confronting her. It didn't matter if your relationship ended here. While you fought for so long just to get five minutes of her time, you were now at a point in your life where you didn't care. It was all or nothing.

"Shut up Y/N. You'll never understand"

"Why would I want to understand why you treat mom like this?"

"YOU KNOW WHAT? GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY WAY! YOU NEVER MEANT ANYTHING TO ME ANYWAYS!"

Your sister shoved you out of the way and stormed out of the house, slamming the door behind her. Never in your life has what your sister said make you feel so useless and hurt. You looked towards your mom gave her hug and comforted her. While your sister may have killed you with her words, your mom was more important.

After comforting you mom, you made your way back to your room, shut off all the lights and locked the door. You struggled with everything that you sister said, and on top of that, anything negative that was ever said about you came creeping back into your head.

"You'll never be good enough." , "You're such a disappointment!", "How can you be so stupid?", "How can you look so ugly?", "Looks like someone ate too many hamburgers", "You are so annoying, I'm surprised your mom hasn't killed herself yet", "You'll never be anything", "It's all your fault", "You never meant anything to me anyways"...