13. Injured

I look at Faith in surprise.

"What?"

'It's crazy because we have some agents in that hospital that are weak at this moment. If we lose any more...I don't think HQ will be alright!'

"Agents...ARMIN! He's in that hospital! W-we have to go get him - Hey!" Eren started to panic. He was about to run out until I pulled him back by his shoulder.

"We need to think rationally about this." I regained my composure.

"How can you be so calm about this?! That's my friend and - quote on quote - 'the brains of the group' in that hospital. He's probably getting threatened and...and -" Levi slapped the back of his head.

"Brat, shut up. We're going right now to save the hostages. Calm down." Levi said. Eren winced and rubbed the back of his head.

"Tell Erwin we'll talk to him later," I told Faith to which she nodded. I gestured the guys to follow me and we all ran to my car. We exited the underground parking garage and went to the hospital. Police cars and S.W.A.T. teams were surrounding the area and entering the place. Civilians were looking at the hospital and talking amongst themselves, some crying and some praying. We parked nearby and snuck into the hospital through the front entrance. Police officers barely noticed us.

'Well, aren't you doing just great at your job.' I thought as I glanced back. I could hear the threats of the serial killer ring throughout the whole hospital. Damn, he had a loud voice.

"Take the stairs," Levi said when Eren was about to go into the elevator. He glanced back at the elevator and sighed but reluctantly followed us through the metal door. I took out my pistol, locked and loaded it and got ready for anything.

We ran up the stairs as quietly as we can do the killer couldn't hear us. We made it to Armin's floor in a matter of two minutes. Eren burst through the door with his gun up, ready to shoot. Levi did the same to the other side and I walked through them, hand at my hip where my dagger rested. The yelling was louder this time, echoing through the blank white halls. The smell of medication and disinfectant no longer present, I only smelled fire and gunpowder. A smell I was familiar with. With a gesture to follow me, we swiftly went through the hall to Armin's room. Our boots clanked quietly against the white tiles. We entered Armin's room to see the coconut head was not present.

"Damn! Fu(nking) sh(et)! We are too late!" Eren started to panic. He pulled off the covers of the bed, hoping it was a prank.

Unfortunately, it was not.

Armin was gone and it would only be a matter of minutes until he was really gone. To the point of no return. I grabbed Eren's wrist and ran out the door, Levi was in tow. I heard the sounds. The sounds of crying and yelling.

"Over there," Levi spoke and pointed towards the room at the end of the hallway. We neared the door and peeked inside. What we saw made Eren's blood boil.

Armin was being held up by his shirt, bruises and cuts lined his face. His shoulder was bleeding, I assumed his wound had opened. Armin looked at the guy, blue met brown. Fear met with insanity.

'I feel like I've seen this guy before...' I thought as I looked at him.

"Wait...that's the-" I whispered until Levi cut me off.

"The serial killer is the same guy from the plane..."

'F(lippity), this will be difficult.' I thought of a plan while looking around the room. Armin was on the floor, groaning in pain and clutching his nose. 2 children, one was bald and one looked similar to her, a woman who looked about 30 in a doctor's coat, and a male accountant, clutching onto his briefcase. I then had a plan.