Part IV

Maine huffed and puffed, paced from the other end of her friend's room to the other. She was all riled up, obviously mad at the new guest of their camp, not at the sweet little girl but at the ungrateful man named Richard. She couldn't keep her calm, their heated conversation angered her more like it should. The fact that she also failed to come up with any remark after what he had said only made her even furious.

" How dare he think I want something from him? " She told to her friend before attempting to flip a wooden table but realized it was her friend's property and not hers. So she just settled with picking up a tennis ball she found on the floor and threw it to the wall, which bounced back and hit her straight on the forehead. " Ow. Shit. I want to kill that man. "

Venus, who was laying comfortably on the soft bed watched her friend from the corner of her eyes. She had tried to console Maine earlier after the latter stormed to her room, fuming mad but she had failed miserably. She just gave up and let her release it all by her own. But after a few minutes of containing her silence, she spoke softly. " Why can't you just let it pass? Maybe he was just traumatized or something. You know what's like outside the walls. "

" Let it pass ? " Maine said incredilously. " You want me to let it pass? Forget it and let him be. He pushed me to the wall and acted like saving his life was nothing, for freaking sake! He could have died there but nope because we came and saved his ass. He didn't even get to say thank you. Well he did I think but it wasn't as genuine as it should be. "

Venus just shrugged and let out a deep sigh. She was beginning to be irritated and consoling someone was never her strong suit. She was a part of the team who saved Richard but she was not expecting anything from him. She kinda had expected it but her friend wasn't. Then a thought struck her brilliant mind and a teasing smile appeared on her lips. " Hmm... curious. Why are you so affected? It's not like you are gonna die if he would not be thankful about it. Maybe he's suicidal or something. You can just throw them out, you know. You had the power, you are the leader now. Or is it because he ignored you and your gorgeous face, is that why? "

Maine's doe like eyes instanly widen and stopped pacing around. She faced Venus and was quick to notice the smile on her friend's face. She threw the tennis ball at her, aiming to wipe that stupid smile off. But to her disappointment, her friend dodged it easily. " You are growing insane. What makes you think its because he ignored me? Im perfectly aware how attractive he is but that is not the issue here. He is still the most ungrateful, unappreciative, rude and pathetic excuse of a man I have ever met. "

" Wow, that is a lot of adjectives. But if he is everything you just said then throw him out. Its not like he's essential to our survival or something. I have a feeling you want him to stay. Maybe keep him to yourself. You just admit his good-looking " Venua teased more.

" I could not do that. Look at his state, he would die out there in a span of days. And I worry for his sister she's too young to be out there. I am pretty sure they are inseperable. I have no choice but to let them stay for awhile. They may have some informatiom about the Ellesedil's camp as well and we need any information we could get. " Maine answered, her voice a little calmer and intentionally ignoring the last statements of her friend.

Venus rolled her eyes and buried her face on her pillow. Never in her life that she had seen Maine that worked up and no matter how entertaining it was, it was also tiresome to have a debate with her. " Then let him be. I have a feeling they won't be staying long so just approach him and ask whatever you need to ask. I need sleep, Nicomaine and Im on night watch. Go irritate Peter next. He would be interested and more ... grateful. "

Maine scoffed and walked out of her room but before giving Venus a piece of her mind and some teasing as well just to get even. " I might consider your idea but I will give their much needed rest first. Yes, I am that thoughtful and for the record, Peter would be more interested to hear you than me. He has eyes on you, redhead. Sleep well, grumpy. "