Part V

Richard wanted to stay at their room for the rest of the day to plan their escape but he knew it was impossible. They were still human afterall and they needed food to fill their growling stomachs. And though he was a little apprehensive about letting Arianna go out by herself to find food for them, he could do nothing about it. He suddenly felt drained and every inch of his body ached like hell. Add to it, the pain of the scratches and wounds on his porcelain skin. He had assumed it was because the adrenaline he felt moments ago when he was worrying about Ari had already left his system.

" Be sure to stay safe and don't talk to anyone unless its necessary. You don't have to answer any question and scream loud enough when someone tries to do something to you. I'll come running to you. No matter what. " Richard warned Arianna while he help put on her small leather boots.

" Richy, I can perfectly take care of myself. Im just going out to get some foods. Plus I do not feel this camp is something like the one in the Highlands. This seems different. Would it not be easier if they just do what they want to do to us now before you heal and able to defend us? " Arianna replied thoughtfully.

" I still do not trust anyone in this place we dont even know where. Its better safe than sorry, Ari. Just do me a favour and try to be wary of anyone you could meet outside this room. Get that? "

The little girl nodded her head and jumped out of the bed in haste. She said nothing in return and just scanned herself for a moment before walking towards the door. But before she could even reach it, someone knocked on it, followed by a familiar voice saying " I brought you food. "

Arianna got excited caused by the thought of something edible they could put on their mouths. Her face lit up and the fact she didn't have to make her brother worry about her going out of the room made her more eager to open it. But when her delicate fingers were inches away from the doorknob, she felt his brother's presence behind her.

" Stay behind me, Ari. " Richard commanded in a stern tone which the little girl obeyed without much fuss. She had been accustomed with her brother's overprotectiveness and distrusting attitude towards other people. She perfectly understood his behavior though it seems extreme sometimes. It somehow annoy her but she was too grateful to her brother to even voice it out. She was also baffled where the hell his brother was getting the strength to even get up fast with all his injury.

Upon making sure Arianna was safe from any line of attack and was hidden behind him, Richard slowly opened the door to reveal who was it that bothered to get them food. And to his surprise, it was none other than the lady that goes by the name of Maine. The same woman he had sort of a confrontation a few hours ago.

" Hi ! " Maine started calmly without breaking her gaze on the man infront of her but anyone could tell she was holding.in her anger. " I brought you food and there is no poison in it. I thought of putting something on your plate but decided against it. There is a possiblilty you might share and your sister will be affected too. We don't want that to happen, do we? "

Richard unfazed by her words and venom in her tone just nod his head once. He commend her for being blunt but his skeptiscm towards her motive was still present. He let Maine in but his eyes never left her. He watched her every move, as she glided inside the room with confidence, put the tray of food on the sidetable gracefully, and lastly how she examined Arianna with precision like she really knew what she was doing. She even dared raised her eyebrow when he failed to hide the bitemarks on his forearm though he was relieved that she never asked about it.

Once she was done checking Arianna and putting new bandages on the stock drawer, she faced Richard with the same passive expression. " She'll be okay but she needs rest, lots of rest. You need some as well and we could provide medicines, plus some healing agents. Dont worry we would not ask for any exchange but only information about a certain camp. It is important but we would not pressure you if you have nothing to give. That's all, you can stay as long as you want. We would let you go if you see no point of staying. That's all. "

" Okay. " And that was the only reply Maine had received from him. One word, one freaking word. It infruiated the woman more than anything had and she was not famous for being patient and tolerant. She burst once more.

" Okay? That's all you have to say? " Maine said incredilously. " Again with the no thank you from you? At least your sister know how to do it but you?. You are such Ugh... You are... UGH! You... UGH! I hate it that I can't swear infront of a child. You are ... impossible. "

A moment of silence ensured after Maine lost her temper but the tension between the two never left. It became a staring contest and both had no intension of backing down. It only ended when the little girl who was clueless of what was happening infront of her suddenly spoke.

" Uhm .. is it true that you have ice cream here? "