three

Valentine,

"Valentine, how you doing?" Counting backwards from ten, she turns around with some guy close to her face.

Jerking back, she hit her head against the locker, groaning.

"Dude, you're in my personal space." Not caring that she was rude, she gentle pushed him back.

"I'm sorry. I-I just wanted to say you look pretty today." Taken back, she readjusted her strap of her satchel.

"Uhm, thank you. But, I don't think I know you?"

She didn't know if this was a sick joke of her old time lover or a generous guy who actually likes her.

She's been hit on a few times when she first moved but once they labeled her weird no one wanted to speak to her. No one until now.

Valentine hasn't had a relationship since her first love, and she still didn't plan on it. Not because she wanted, but she couldn't. She doesn't know how to start over with someone.

"Uh, no, no. I'm Samuel. I'm in your French class." He pushed up his glasses, and held his hand out for her to shake.

" He pushed up his glasses, and held his hand out for her to shake

"I'm sorry. I don't shake hands. I'm a germaphobe." She lied, Valentine just doesn't feel comfortable with the guy.

"Uh, well. I was wondering if you'd go on a date with me?" Hesitation took over body, and she was going to answer until Cornelius grabbed Samuels shoulder.

"She'll pass." Looking at Cornelius up and down, he shrugged his hand off him.

"I think that's up to Valentine."

Completely fed up with the stalking, Valentine thought if she would show she's  moved on, which she's not, then Cornelius would leave her alone, and tell Daniel.

"I would love to, Samuel." Catching him by surprised, Samuel licked his lips nervously smiling.

"Uh, great, great. Mind if I get your number?" Putting on a great show, she grabbed a pencil and notecard from her bag, and wrote her number down.

"Don't waste it." Smirking, Valentine handed him her number, and watched as he ran off before turning her head towards Cornelius.

"Run your mouth about that." She closed her locker, and twisted the knob.

"You know he ain't gone allow that shit." Chuckling to herself, she shook her head.

"Yeah, like he's gonna be out to see it."

Little did she know, Daniel was out of prison and awaiting to see her. Cornelius knew he'd go ape shit if he saw Valentine with someone else, but he knew he wanted his arrival to be a surprised.