seven

Daniel,

"Roses are red, nothing rhymes with orange, take me back please?" Valentine laughed using her elbow to support her head as they drove to get something to eat.

"That didn't have any meaning." Daniel shrugged, and drove with his right hand on her thigh.

"It made ya' smile though." Nodding, she felt her phone vibrate on her lap.

"Samesung still textin' ya'?" He ask, while licking his lips.

Smacking her lips, and slightly rolling her eyes, she looked at her phone only to see a text from Samuel asking her whereabouts.

"He shouldn't be concerned 'bout ya. He's not yo' boyfriend."

"Neither are you." She shot back, causing him to smile.

"You right. I'm ya' husband." He spoke cockily, squeezing her thigh.

Scrunching up her face she removed his hand. "Negative." Daniel smirked knowing for a fact that Valentine was his. Forever will be.

"If ya' say so baybeh'. Now, where ya' wanna eat?"

"I could eat anything." Her answer did not satisfy Daniel because he knew her.

If he suggested any restaurant Valentine would act as if she isn't in the mood for that certain type of food.

"Girl, choose a place." He flicked her nose as they approached a red light, causing her to giggle.

"Fine. Sonic." Agreeing with her choice of food, he started heading in the direction of the fast food restaurant.

"Valentine?"

"Hm?" She took her attention from looking out the window to the love of her life that she still gets chill from.

"Speak ta' meh. Ya' know? Like how ya' use ta'." Smirking, she knew he meant her poetry that she would perform for him.

"Patience; definition of tolerating the dreadful delay. Patience is a hectic creation to one, and one receives rushes to their head having the thought of worth. Is this truly worth it?

You're conscience repeats in your beautiful, wild mind. Patience will not cause others to use, but to see the progress from being misused and emotionally abused to respectfully wanted and cherished."

He was mesmerized with her choice of words, that filled him up with so much feeling. His emotions would normally rage as her voice was very angelic to his ears.

She spoke what came from her mind as they pulled into the drive through. She was flustered, but she knew that Daniel was a little upset.

"I'm sorry fa' what I did, Valentine."

Shrugging, she didn't really pay it any mind as they continued to their hourly lunch by ordering and eating.

As they finished their food, they remained silent as they drove back to the school.

Parking, they grabbed their bags while exiting out his car. Walking side by side, he wrapped his arm around Valentine as she felt some type of shock.

She hated public display affection. It felt as if too much privacy was being shown and she truly hated to feel violated.

"Can you not?" She shrugged him off.

"Ya' scared yo' lil' boyfriend gone see us?"

Annoyed with his jealousy, Valentine increased her pace trying to show that she's clearly irritated with him.