eight

Valentine,

Leaning against April's car that she borrowed, Valentine admired the city lights. Feeling very flustered with what was being taken place in the house, she felt the need to get out.

The cool wind brushed against her chocolate toned skin as she bit her bottom lip to stop from quivering.

She debated on calling Daniel, but she didn't want to depend on him to fix her every situation. Even though she knew having him involved wouldn't make it any better but it would make her feel better.

"Valentine?" Peaking over her shoulder, she gave a glance at the little girl from earlier.

Before she could fully leave the house, she noticed the little girl, her sister, sitting on the couch witnessing April, Myles, and her sisters mother arguing.

She figured it wasn't right for her to witness them acting foolish, so she offered to take her out; which shocked herself.

"Wassup, Giselle." She turned her head back forward, whispering at the child.

"Do you hate me?" Her question caught Valentine off guard, and Valentine truly didn't know how to answer that

"How old are you? Like ten?"

"I'm twelve." She corrected, and Valentine nodded.

For someone to be twelve she wouldn't be questioning the situation or how Valentine felt about her so sudden.

"No. I don't even know you." Valentine answered truthfully, but she still had a bit of envy from the scene she witnessed earlier.

"Didn't seem like it in Daddy's office."

Cause daddy was being a little whore. She thought, but wanted to say out loud.

"Because of reasons."

"What are your reasons?"

"You don't need to know."

"Why not?"

"You ask a lot of questions." Valentine snarled, causing Giselle to pout.

"Could've just answered them." Rolling her eyes, Valentine opened the car door.

Feeling angered all over again, she slammed the door, startling Giselle.

"You weren't suppose to be here!" Valentine yelled at the child who was staring at her.

"It was just suppose to be the three of us! Not the extra of the two!" She chuckled as she fist her hair, pacing.

"Wow. He neglected us. Just like we were dirt. Looking at the happy family I saw back there. You just have no idea how much it broke me on the inside."

Valentine plopped on the ground, crying. Giselle didn't know what to do exactly. She was just as flustered as Valentine was, well, more oblivious to the scenes or drama.