Ch. 9: Sassy

Another week has passed and he can feel his insides burning in desire for the woman sitting across from him in her small and shabby apartment. She sips her orange juice, stealing a couple of glances towards him. She frowns, “why do you always have a scowl on your face? I never asked you to stay here.”

“I can’t leave your side-”

She interrupts him, “ you can’t or you won’t.” His eyebrow twitches in irritation as he stands up, bending down a bit to check on her bandaged foot underneath the table. He shrugs and shoves the chair back into it’s place with his boot, turning around to go to the bathroom.

He comes back with another bandage and she turns as he kneels before her, his eyebrows furrowed in annoyance as he takes off the bandage from her foot. “I never asked for you to do this.”

“You know”, he sighs as he looks up to glare at her. “A thank you would be highly appreciated-”

“Someone’s mad that I’m not as sweet as their angel friends up there”, she gestures to the ceiling, figuratively talking about ‘heaven’. He scoffs with a shake of his head, standing up as he tries to cool down his anger. “I never asked to do this. For fuck’s sake, you’re such a stubborn child-”

“Says the one that looks younger than me”, she replies as she rests her elbow on the table, her lips pursed and the palm of her hand pressed into her cheek. He practically begins to fume in anger, the voices in his head rippling profoundly in his head to just kill her off where she sits, but he can’t. He needs patience. He needs to learn to stay calm and collected like how he usually is.

But why does she anger him so much?

He grits his teeth as he takes a deep breath, continuing to kneel before her so that he can check on her foot. She’s practically healed, so she no longer needs the bandages anymore. “You’re fine. You can walk without pain now”, Jungkook says as he shakes his hand through his soft brown hair. He stands up with the used and clean bandage in his hand, tossing them on the table and turning towards the front door.

Kaitlyn takes a sip from her orange juice before asking, “Where are you off to?”

“Fresh air”, Jungkook responds almost bitterly and he leaves through the front door of her apartment, trying his best to gently close the door behind him. Once it’s closed, he jogs a couple steps away and practically roars into the cold morning air, turning and kicking at a nearby wall but making sure not to kick through it like last time.

“SHE'S SUCH A FUCKING PEST THAT BITCHY LITTLE-!” He shouts and his brown hair slowly disappears, his raven hair slowly bleeding through the strands of his hair from his scalp. He shakes his head vigorously and begins to calm his emotions once again, taking an intake of breath and transforming to a more of a human look to go back into the apartment.

He hasn't had a soul to shred in quite some time… he's beginning to grow impatient.

“hey”, she says as she leaves through her apartment door, tapping her shoe on the floor so that it fits properly on her foot. “I'm heading off to college. Professor canceled the class for the week but just emailed everyone to come to class today.”

Jungkook nods for a moment before giving her a fake smile. “I’ll go with you-”

“Oh hell no”, she laughs out as she walks by him with her book and cheap cellphone in hand. He follows after her, his jaw set as he walks behind her. She tries to ignore him with grit teeth, jogging down the steps as she checks her phone to see the time. She rolls her eyes when she makes it down the stairs, leaving the building through the back doors with Jungkook trailing behind her. “Stop following me!”