Ch. 14: A Soul's Kiss

Jungkook wakes up, breathing heavy as his eyes dart across his surroundings. Where is he? What happened?

He can't seem to remember.

He sits up, grunting as he finally registers where he is- he's in Kaitlyn's room, lying on her bed. How did he end up in her bed? And where is Kaitlyn?

He looks at his surroundings once his blurry vision clears, everything seeming to be normal, but he knows something is off. The atmosphere is different somehow...

He glances down at his clothes and his eyes widen to see how shredded his clothes are. What the hell happened to him and why can't he remember it?

His heads snaps to the noise of something hitting against the door. "Can I come in?" He hears and he nods, "Yea..."

The door opens and he spots Kaitlyn standing rigid near the door, her eyes looking at the floor for a moment before she takes a deep breath, closing her eyes before moving her head up and reopening her eyes to make eye contact. "How are you feeling?"

"Fine..." He responds, a bit confused at how Kaitlyn is acting. He moves his hand to scratch at his neck when he notices her flinch from his sudden movement. He drops his hand slowly onto his lap and he gets up from the bed, the room swaying weirdly. He leans to the side and trips, his body slamming into the dresser as he tries to hold himself up. Why is his own body betraying him?

He clenches his eyes shut before opening them, blinking rapidly as the swaying room finally stills. He notices how Kaitlyn remains where she stands; distant and quiet. He tries to feel her energy so that he can know how she's feeling when the motive itself causes his legs to go weak from beneath him which only ends up with him on the floor. "I can't..." He breathes out shakily, his hands curling into fists as he grows angry with himself. How the hell is he supposed to even know a hint of how Kaitlyn is feeling if his own mind won't cooperate with him?

"WHY CAN'T I FUCKING-", he shouts and slams his fist onto the floor. He notices Kaitlyn jump from the corner of his eye and he wants to scream, punch, kick, or something. Instead, he moves so that he sits on the floor with legs criss crossing over one another. He takes his head in his hands, running his fingers through his hair as he shakes his head. The voices begin to grow louder, their chants growing messier, their laughter turning wicked.

"Stop..." He whispers to the voices in his head for the first time in his life; for the first time, he feels so weak, so vulnerable. The thought alone leaves a bitter taste in his mouth, and he's slowly growing to hate it.

How can a demon grow to hate the souls that he's possessed as his own?

He feels the souls within fighting against one another, the noises all too much and he grows irritated at how they make him so weak. "SHUT UP", He shouts and covers his ears, thinking that it would somehow stop the constant haunting groans and moans coming from the voices inside.

He desperately looks towards the dresser as an idea pops into his head. "I SAID SHUT UP", He screams, hands still covering his ears as he begins to bang his head against the wooden drawers. He slams his head over and over, shouting and gasping as the voices increase. "Please stop", he shouts, almost begging as the voices climb and tumble over each other. He suddenly thinks of Namjoon, and the other demons. He doesn't want to admit it- he refuses.

As he's about to hit his head into the wood again, he feels something stop him. He opens his eyes, looking up to see Kaitlyn kneeling before him, her expression worried as she places her hands over his that are cupping his ears. "Jungkook", she mutters as she removes his hands from the side of his head. She sighs for a moment, her eyes flickering over his face.