the letter!!!

We walked in to the park,  not a sound coming from the road up ahead or any wildlife in the trees.  Just silence.

It made walking quietly difficult without anything to disguise it under. The horse shoes didn't help either on the stone path, all you can hear is the crunch of stone and the heavy breaths of the beast right next to me.

Caitlin was still on her,  looking ahead to see if anyone was around. 

"what do you think happened to Ella? " Caitlin asked,  casting her eyes down for a split second before going back to scanning the surroundings.

I chewed on my lip, "I don't have a clue,  she does have a very bad sense of direction she could have gone to the shop and got lost for all I know... " that sentence hung in the air for a while,  the air between us growing thick with Impatience.  We both just wanted to find her and go home now.

"did she owe anyone money?  Do you know if she was involved with any gangs? " I turned my head to look at her.

I gave her the most ridiculous look, seriously, Ella?  In a gang?  Never.....

" I don't think so,  she owes me money,  but over all she doesn't interact with many other humans. " Caitlin chuckled so I looked at her again.

"sure..... " confused I looked on ahead and brewed over her words.

Gangs?  Did that mean she did drugs?.....  Without me!  That cheeky bitch just wait till I find out where she is!

I marched on fueled by anger,  she wouldn't do that to me.  I kept telling myself that anyway.

We got to the golf course and still no sign of her. 

"where the hell is she? " we finally gave up looking for her in the park and set off home to continue the search in the morning so we had light.

***

We were walking down my road when patch started to make a weird noise.  Thinking nothing of it we just kept walking.  We were half way down now and the horse made the same noise again but louder.

I gave her a weird look and then turned to Caitlin.  "will you tell your horse to stop making that sound,  it's really annoying. " Caitlin looked between me and the horse and rolled her eyes.

"patch,  can you please stop doing that?" she sounded very sarcastic and turned to face me with a huge fake smile.  I frowned. Was she taking the Mick out of me!?

"better? " her sarcastic smile turned in to a sneer and she carried on walking.

I followed on behind,  dragging my feet and muttering under my breath.

We got to the house and I walked up to the door.  On the handle was a piece of string tied to it,  on the end was a piece of paper.

I unfolded the letter and was shocked.

It was a letter that was made of cut out letters from newspapers. It read:

Come to Starbucks in Leeds at 6pm tomorrow or Ella dies.

I screwed it up and threw it on the floor.

What a duck.  This person who took Ella is really starting to get on my nerves .

Caitlin raised her eyebrows at me.

"what is all that about? " she asked eyeing the crumpled up letter curiously.

"we are going to Leeds tomorrow to get Ella back. "  I explained through gritted teeth.

"Leeds?  Why Leeds? " she sounded annoyed.  Sorry is Leeds to far for her giant horse?

"because the dam letter says so!  Your coming anyway and we are leaving the God dam horse here. " I eyed it cautiously in case it understood English,  instead it just sniffed at my arm and tried to eat my hair.

Dam horses.  I threw the front door open and went straight to the bathroom for a shower.

Tomorrow I will be getting Ella back one way or another.

***
Comment and vote!

Luv u guys! Xx