Chapter One

Well, to those of you that have been waiting for this book since the end of The Queen, it's finally here!

To those of you who haven't read The Queen yet, I recommend you do that first before you go any further. It will be a lot easier to understand certain parts if you do and it will make sense in the future.

So, this is only a short note to welcome you to Book Two and I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I've enjoyed writing it.

Chapter One is dedicated to my co-author. Without her help, I wouldn't have been able to write this book. Thank you.

________________________________________________________

Audrey's POV

The Tavern. It was a neutral place where all supernaturals could come and relax, and seek peace of mind. Have a few drinks, meet a few friends, even possibly find someone to love...or to have fun with if you wanted. It was a safe-haven, in a matter of sense. I also just happen to run the establishment.

My name is Audrey Sullivan. Eldest child of six siblings. Daughter of a Lord and Lady and most importantly, a Vampire. My parents never wanted me to own The Tavern. Instead, they wanted me to follow in their footsteps and become Lady of the Manor. That wasn't something I wanted for myself.

Freedom was what I wanted. Freedom is what I had desired, and of course freedom to do whatever the fuck I wanted to do and not get reprimanded for it either. So, I decided to leave home and create a path for myself, and obviously that path had led me here.

Before The Tavern was known as The Tavern, it was just a run-down building in the middle of nowhere. That wasn't what I saw it as though. Potential was the only thing my sight was on for this lot and potential to turn it into something amazing, something that everyone could enjoy, not just myself. That's exactly how things turned out after years of working on this place. It's what my work had turned it into. A place for everyone at any time,

"Boss!"

I was pulled out of my thoughts. Looking away from my paper work, I could only raise an eyebrow at the sight of one of my many guards; Lynus. He swallowed when I set my pen down and gestured for him to speak. He swallowed once more before he opened his mouth,

"We have a problem."

"Sort it." I simply spoke, as I returned to my paperwork. That wasn't the answer he wanted though.

"You know I wouldn't be back here if I couldn't sort it."

Giving out an agitated sigh, I roughly stood from my chair, causing the legs of the chair to scrape against the floor harshly. My eyes landed on Lynus as he coward back in slight fear as I walked past him and made my way towards the front of The Tavern. I could hear the screaming and yelling the closer I got to the problem.

Fighting and violence was a huge no no in The Tavern. I also had no tolerance for behavior that could drive away any business. New and old customers would never come back if I continued to allow these sorts of actions to continue. I mean, I certainly was not opposed to fighting, but you can understand where I'm coming from.

Business meant money and money meant power, and well power meant power...you get where I'm going with this right? Not to mention it fucked with the atmosphere of the place.

Stopping in front of the door that separated The Tavern and my personal office, I rolled my neck and shoulders, hearing the satisfying pop and felt the release of pressure. I reached out and slammed the door open, attracting the attention of those who were close enough to hear and see this action. It wasn't long before the room fell silent.