Chapter Three

Audrey's POV

I sank my teeth deep into the werewolf's neck, forcing him to change back to his human form. He started to writhe in pain but I didn't release my grip. That would be foolish.

When I was positive that he would no longer be a threat, I released him and he fell to the ground.

He was still alive, I made sure of that but he was just unconscious at the moment. I never drink from victims who couldn't fight back. It just takes the fun out of everything.

I leant down next to him and tilted his head towards me, smiling down at him, despite the fact he wasn't awake,

"Hard to kill someone who's already dead isn't it?"

I moved his head completely over to the side, making sure the right side of his neck was open for me. I could practically hear his blood flowing through his body and it was music to my ears.

As a noble vampire, I had skills and traits that normal vampires didn't have. One of those was being able to harness my victim's best traits through drinking their blood. That meant, me drinking the blood of this werewolf, would allow me to gain his strength.

It only lasted for twelve hours and I wasn't even doing this for the strength. I was doing it for the feeling it gave me. For the fact that I could.

I wouldn't really define myself as a monster or a demon, despite the nature of what I am. I just had certain tendencies where people would view me as that. I guess you could say that side of me only came out when I was being attacked or defending the ones I loved.

I sunk my fangs into the wolf's neck again, but I started to drink this time. It was a euphoric feeling to say the least. I usually only drank animal blood but I guess werewolves were animals so technically that counted right?

When I was satisfied enough, I removed my fangs and licked lips, not wanting to waste a drop of his blood.

Immediately I felt a change wash over me, knowing I now had the strength of a werewolf.

I grabbed the shirt collar of the guy and dragged him to a nearby alley. Passers-by would probably just think he was drunk and passed out before they realised what had really happened. I'd be long gone by then.

As I came up to my house, I could see that my door was slightly ajar. I knew I locked it when I left so this was unsettling.

The fight plus the new added strength had me on high alert right now, so when I entered my house, I was shocked to find two of my siblings. Was my whole family in town or something?

"For fuck sake, what are you doing here?" I spoke frustrated, closing my front door behind me.

"Lovely to see you too big sister."

I rolled my eyes at my younger sister Leilah before turning my attention to my brother; James,

"It's late and I'm tired. I already had Viktor and Alek pay me a visit at The Tavern. If you're here to preach to me about duty to my family and upholding the family name, then save it. I'm not in the mood for a lecture tonight."

"We are not here for that, I assure you." James spoke. He stood up and came to stand in front of me. Despite me being the oldest, all of my brothers were taller than me,

"However, we do need to tell you something. Queen Julianna is looking for her successor. She's young and she doesn't want to rule anymore. The former Queen has no complaints. Therefore, every noble family is being considered for providing that successor."

I looked at him confused, "What does that have to do with me?"

"You are the oldest," Leilah confirmed, "And therefore you will be the only one considered to be a successor from the Sullivan family."