Chapter Thirty- The Ex

FUCKING WATCH THAT VIDEO 😂😂😂😂😂😂

***

Will disappeared to the living room to open the main door. I quickly unlocked my phone and saved the previous voice note before recording again. I wasn't going to take any chances like those stupid chicks in movies.

I stayed in the dining room, waiting for them to walk in. I locked my phone and as I looked at the door frame, Will walked in and behind him came in his ex-wife.

She was wearing a red dress that reached her knees and her hair was curled into beautiful brown waves. Her green eyes watched me carefully, but no word rolled off her tongue until Will decided to introduce me.

"Emma, this is Julia," he gestured towards me and she looked at me again.

She seemed about the age of thirty, and I started wondering how a fierce, beautiful woman like her married a disgusting murderer like him. Love truly does miracles.

I got up from my chair with my phone in my pocket. I walked over to her and extended my hand. I expected her to be mad or something, but instead she gave me a handshake with a friendly smile on her face.

"Hello, I'm Emma," we let go of each other, "How come you're here?" she asked and turned her head towards Will with a scowl on her face that only lasted but a second.

"Will invited me over for dinner," I said, looking at both of them.

"Oh," she crossed her arms over her chest, "I would really suggest you to stay away from this man. He's awful."

Will's jaw clenched, "Emma, just get your stuff and leave."

"Can't blame me for wanting to save a life," she started walking off but stopped when I spoke.

"Saving a life?" I asked.

I suddenly started regretting the fact that I forgot my pocketknife at home. I take everything, but only forget the most important equipment of them all. How smart of me.

"He's just a heartless man. I would stay away from him if I were you," she responded without even looking back at me.

With that said she disappeared to a hallway. I looked at Will as he massaged his temples out of frustration. I raised my eyebrow and nearly chuckled when I thought back to her words. I already knew that he was a soulless bastard.

"I am so sorry about her. She's... I don't know... She's just very annoying at times," he signed.

"It's alright, Will. I understand everything," I said and looked at the hallway she disappeared to.

If only I had a chance to get to talk to her.

I took out my phone and acted as if I were checking some notifications, while I was just secretly trying to send Archer a message to call Will's landline.

"Does she have a lot of stuff?" I asked as I tapped send before stuffing my phone back in my pocket.

He nodded, "It's not too much, but it is quite a handful."

Just as he said that, a loud ringing sound echoed in the living room. I suppressed a smile as Will looked back at the landline.

That was quick.

"You take care of that, I'll see if I can help Emma, so she could get out of here quicker," I said and he nodded with a grin.

Yeah, you won't be able to grin no more.

I turned around and walked down the hallway Emma disappeared to. At the end I saw an open room and walked towards it, only to see Emma throwing clothes in a big box. I pursed my lips and walked over to her. She heard my footsteps and looked up to see who entered the room. Her expression didn't change at all; the casual look remained on her face.

"Can I help?" I asked, stepping closer to her.

"Yeah, sure." she said and threw a bunch of clothes on her bed.

I started folding them and placing them in the box, "So, what happened between you and Will?"

She inhaled sharply, "He... He had an affair. And he was abusive at times."

My eyes grew wide, "Abusive?!"

Why am I even surprised?

She nodded, "That's why I advised you to stay away from him," she said as she stood next to me and started folding the clothes instead of just throwing them in the box, "He's a horrible person, Julia. You're still young, don't ruin your live with him."

I placed my hand on her shoulder, "How much do you hate him?"

"I've told you so many times! This is not a fucking sex shop!" we heard Will shout.

What the hell, Archer?

Emma licked her lips, "If killing was legal, or if this was Game Of Thrones, his dead body would be hanging at the front door," she said and I laughed.

"Well, I can't say we'll hang his dead body at the front door, but I can say that we can get our revenge," I said as I looked at the door to see if Will was there, but felt relieved when I heard him yelling at Archer.

"I don't understand..." Emma frowned.

"I need your help... Meet me tomorrow," I held her hand, "Please..."

She observed me for a short while, "Where?" she finally asked. "And why?"

"Rob's," I said quickly, "It's a famous place, I'm sure you know where it is." I said and she nodded. "Meet me there at 9:00PM! Please, I'll tell you everything."

"Emma! Hurry up and leave!" his voice got closer.

We quickly finished with her clothes and she added more stuff to her box before leaving the room. Will was in the kitchen when we got there. He leaned against the fridge with his arms crossed over his chest and looked at Emma with nothing but a glare.

"Are you done?" he shot her a skeptical look and she just nodded, "Then please leave."

She didn't say anything. She just looked at me before walking out with one last squeak of goodbye. I wanted to yell at Will for being a jerk towards her, but it would be wiser to just let it be.

For now.

"I should go home too," I said looking at him.

"What? So quick?" he looked rather sad.

I cleared my throat, "We could meet again one of these days."

He nodded, "We could. How about Friday?" he asked.

After three days.

I pretended to think for a while. He walked over to me and rested his index finger underneath my chin. I wanted to chop his hand off. He even dared touching me with the same hands he used to kill my entire family.

"Friday it is then," I said, looking straight in his eyes.

His lips suddenly pressed against mine without any warning, but he pulled away far a split second.

The actual fuck?!

"Friday it is."