Epilogue

“Thank you so much, Tris. I don't know how to repay you. You've given me an amazing life, how do I even—” I smiled and shushed her.

I wiped the tears off Emma's face and gave her a kiss on the cheek. “You want to know how to repay me?” I asked and she nodded. “I know the plan was to take fifty million, but the reason I only took eighty thousand, is to help someone.”

Emma frowned. “To help who? And what about the house?” she questioned.

“That too,” I gave her hand a squeeze. “To help someone special.” The smile on her face grew wider. “And that's how you repay me. Help others, Emma. Help those in need.”

She nodded at me, trying to hold back the tears. “I will.”

“Goodbye, Emma,” I lightly patted her cheek.

“Goodbye, Tris,” she sniffed. I turned around started walking away from her when she suddenly called out my name, making me look back at her. “Will I ever see you again?”

The smile that had by now left my face, returned. “Think of me as your guardian Angel,” I said, making her frown. “You won't see me, but I'll always be there for you.”

And with that said, I walked off, leaving her behind with a grin on her face.

Archer took my hand in his when he noticed how nervous I was

Archer took my hand in his when he noticed how nervous I was. I rang the doorbell and within a few seconds, the door opened and he looked at me in pure and utter confusion. He had dark circles around his eyes and his beautiful brown hair was pointing in every known direction. His skin looked pale and the sweat just dripped down his face like a goddamn waterfall.

“What are you doing here...?” his voice was tired.

He was tired.

“I came to give you this...” I breathed out as I handed him an envelope with the eighty thousand dollars along with the house keys.

He opened the envelope and his eyes only grew wide when he saw what was within it. He looked at me with shock plastered on his face.

“W-what...” he couldn't find the words.

“Those are the keys to your new house. There is a total if eighty thousand dollars in that envelope and you can now finally go to college and pay off your mother's debt,” I grinned at him.

His mouth made the shape of an ‘O’ before he could finally get himself to speak.

“N-no... I-I can't accept this... This is too much!” he stuttered, still shocked.

I placed my hand on his, “Please, Christian. I know the difficulties you and your mother are going through. Please, just accept it. It's a gift from me to you,” I said in a soothing voice.

Tears filled his eyes and he unexpectedly hugged me tightly, nearly knocking me off my feet. “Thank you so much!” he released a shaky breath. “I promise, I'll always be there when you need me.”

I sighed in satisfaction. “Thank you, Christian. Thank you so much.”

Archer sat on the huge rock with me sitting on his lap

Archer sat on the huge rock with me sitting on his lap. He wanted to give me a treat for all the good I did and I wanted nothing more than just watch the sun set with him by my side. His arms wrapped around my waist and his chin rested on my shoulder, thankfully not stabbing the life out of me.

“I don't understand how you can be so simple,” he said in a low voice as I watched the blue water's waves hit the stones calmly. “I thought you'd ask for something else.”

A tear streamed down my face, “The last time I watched the sun set like this was when I was seven. With my Dad. After that I refused to see it, but today, I feel at peace... I feel grateful.” I sniffed.

Archer rested his index finger underneath my chin and made me face him. He wiped the tears off my face and cupped my cheek.

“I hated you in the beginning, but now, all I want is you. Your kindness, your anger, your bravery, is such a fucking turn on,” he said, making me giggle. “Can I tell you something?” he looked in my eyes and then down at my lips before looking me in the eye again.

“Yeah...” I held my breath.

“You may not feel the same way, but there's nothing to lose here, so whatever. Rianna Vaan Delogh,” he started, making me grin. “I love you.

As soon as those words left his mouth, I grabbed him by the face and kissed him, hard. I've been waiting for this moment for days, to finally show him how much he means to me, and I wasn't going to waste it.

His lips felt soft against mine and I didn't want this to ever stop, but I pulled away and looked him in the eyes.

“I love you too.”

And that's all it took for his lips to be on mine again.

I'm Rianna Vaan Delogh. I'm seventeen and I love my life. I may have killed a man, but I have also done enough good deeds to outbalance that.

I was an insecure girl who spent years in therapy, I smashed cars, I beat people up, and I loved it, because that girl is part of me and I accept her for as broken as she was, because to fix myself, I need to know how broken I was.

It wasn't easy, but life will never be easy, and that's the beautiful part.

You live to tell the tale.

~★ THE END ★ ~