Nothing Good Last Forever

Things had been going great these last couple of days. We haven't been running like crazy as much as we was last week. I was sweeping the front porch when Jose came riding through the front gate, something had to be wrong they just left two hours ago! I set the broom down and walked down the front steps worried that something had gone wrong.

" Isaac fell, I go get doc. Justin said to get ready." Jose said pulling his horse to a stop infront of me

" How did Isaac fall?" I said concerned he had been shot

" The cattle scared, man shoot."

" Okay go get doc hurry!" I said turning and running into the kitchen. I was running around like a mad man getting bandages and other things. My father, that's who done this he's going to try and kill Justin, all for the sake of money my father would kill a man. Once I had everything gathered up I took to the bunk house and got it ready for Isaac, I felt bad that he was having to pay for the consequences of my choices. The beating of hooves brought me out of my thoughts as I ran out on to the porch to meet the boys. Justin and Daniel had Isaac by the arms and legs carrying him into the house. Justin was covered in blood looking distressed, Isaac had scratches all over his face and his clothes was ripped, he must've fell on barbwire.

" What happened?" I said as Isaac was laid down on the bed.

" The cattle stampeded and his horse spooked throwing him on the barbwire." Justin said taking Isaac's shirt off, the fabric was clinging terribly to his skin from the blood that was beginning to dry up.

" Mack can you hand me those rags and the basin of water?" I said wanting to get the sticky blood off of poor Isaac, he was in agonizing pain thrashing around and sweating. Without a word Mack brought me what I asked for, I took a rag beginning to clean the blood off of Isaac and the more I did the more I saw how deep his cuts we're with tears in my eyes I looked up to Justin.

" I'm so sorry." I said squeezing my eyes shut to keep too many tears from falling. Justin squatted down infront of me and cupping my face in his hands.

" Jane this is not your fault." Justin said sternly, in response I shook my head in a yes then went back to work. When the Doc got there I had to step out onto the porch for a break, I crossed my arms and clenched my jaw trying to keep the tears of frustration from falling. I heard the door squeak open and boots hit the porch but I didn't turn around I knew who it was. His arms snaked their way around my waist as Justin bent down and kissed my neck, I melted into in his arms needing the comfort he always seemed to give me.

" It was my father wasn't it?" I said in a low voice, Justin took in a deep breath

" Yeah." He said quietly, breath tickling my neck.

" He's gonna try to kill you." I said laying my head on his shoulder

" Jane, I believe the Lord is gonna work this out exactly how it needs to be."

" I just don't want to lose you. Justin I've never felt this way in my life and I love you with everything in me." I said turning around and wrapping my arms around his middle.

" I know this is scary and I love you too." He said kissing my forehead and pulling me closer

" Can we pray?" I said looking up at him

" Of course."

" Father we ask that you watch over and protect us, be with us and guide us. Right now is a scary time and we're asking for you guidence on what to do. We know that you have a plan for all of this. Amen." Justin finished praying and I felt a peace come over me that Justin and everyone would be just fine and everything was gonna turn out right.