4.5: Anna

Heaven Knows OST: ♫ Bizarre Love Triangle by Frente ♫

Chapter 4.5: Anna

Dear Diary,

I don’t think I have the right words to state what happened. But it rained colors today. It was like the rain clouds had evaporated the entire colors of the earth, condensed it in its clouds and precipitated it back to earth.

I couldn’t recognize each face in the crowd but I was able to see the emotions they held at the moment. Some were agitated as they try to get out of the rioting paint wars while others succumbed to the fun. I was one of those who gave in to the fun.

It’s the feeling of getting out of your locked door and finally feeling the heat of the sun, the pour of the rain, the wind on your skin, the snow on your cheeks, I feel it all at once. It’s the kind of happiness I’ve deprived myself to feel and I don’t think a day would hurt to experience the forgotten feeling once again.

I got Dominic and his friend to detention today. It was not my fault of course. He stepped into our territory in the first place and he washed paint all over my face so I think he deserves detention—even though I really didn’t mean to say that.

He is a good boy, I can tell. Slightly different from his cocky friend and… he’s neat too (today’s an exception though).

I tried to remember the feeling of what it would be like to have a friend again. It has been years since I neglected that word. Do your cheeks burn when you see him? Does your heart skip a beat when he is around? Do you anticipate the feeling to see him again? Or is it another kind of feeling?

Whatever it is, the feeling is making me uneasy. I don’t want to feel it that way but I must admit the sensation of the feeling makes me light headed and it warms my heart.

There are a lot of buts in my head. And though I want to conceal the feelings that wants to take over me, no matter how much I refuse it to control my head, it’s a great challenge for me to accept one thing that I’ve denied myself for a very long time.

I know that if there will be something between me and Dominic, that will only have to be friendship and nothing else. Because it’s easier to accept a love from a friend than break his heart into a thousand pieces instead.

Without Wax,

Anna