Epilogue

• Dedicated to My Grams

Heaven Knows OST:

♫ Lost and Found by A Rocket to the Moon♫

♫ Salvation by Gabrielle Aplin♫

Epilogue: Dominic

There was this girl.

A very beautiful girl surrounded by people and yet utterly alone.

She made the skies cry for her and she let the earth mold her emotions.

I watched her through all of her remaining life. I had loved her for the rest of mine.

And when she died, at her funeral, I watched people remember and forget about her.

But she seemed to get used to the set up. She was content to be forgotten.

But not to me.

And although years may pass between us, I will always remember her. I will always love her.

I will always know what it was like to be with Heaven.

***

Three years had passed and her footprints lingered in my heart. Her kisses are still in my lips and her voice resonated in the tunnels of my ears. Her smiles lived in my eyes and every time my mind was an open space, it wandered off back to her.

I guess first love never dies. Sometimes the healing is in the aching. And sometimes, it’s better to leave a scar behind.

Three years had passed and once again, I stood here, right here where I stood three years before telling you my story; her story—our story.

Each of our lives is a story. By sharing one’s story, you get to immortalized them.  It’s a message relay. As we pass on our story to others, the message may remain the same but as long as far as we passed it on, it changes through time and along with life until it’s no longer our story to tell but other’s as well.

The stories we tell, the sad ones, the happy ones, even the horror ones, they are stories we live by each day. They are stories that we watched with our eyes, we listened with our ears, share with our lips and treasured with our hearts. These are the stories that tell about us. Stories that were given so that we could remember.

Life is everyone’s storybook. It’s a fairytale, an epic, action, sci-fi, drama and romance— no matter what the genre. It’s instilled in our hearts as we live. There are far more stories to come. So open your heart, make it a library for more, open your mind for another set of memories, write some more and share them.

 And as life goes on, so shall our story. We become flowers pressed in between the pages of a book. Anna was that flower that lived in the pages of my book. She thrived in the words that I wrote, she resonated in the numbers of the pages and she became a part of the greatest story I have ever told. I believe there’s a piece of Heaven in this fragile world. We’ll just have to find it, pick up its pieces and start over again.

Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.

WORDS OF WISDOM from Scott Orson.

I don’t know if he’s a reincarnation of some mad-genius who is bipolar. All I know is that my best friend is the living example of mercurial genetics. But I thank the guy for being in my life. Without him and his idiotic ways, I might not have told you this story. And although I don’t have any idea what’s going on between him and Rose Garner, I just hope that the girl is my best friend’s salvation.

Now, I hold on to this coin as I held it once in my own hand. I wonder if I should toss it in the air once again.

I watched her swing across from me.

What do you want me to do, Anna?

 I pressed the coin in my hand and I let my thumb graze at its shape.

I looked back at her swing. And this time, I saw her sitting… smiling back at me. My heart dove for its down pour.

What do you want me to do, Anna?

Toss the coin. My head told me. The wind carried her voice to me and I closed my eyes to listen.

Someday, someone will look at you and love you the way I did… So look her up. Give her a chance to change your life. Give yourself a chance to love again… So toss a coin.

I let out a heavy breath along with the feelings I have locked up inside my chest.

“Okay. If this is what you want, Anna. Heads and I’m in.”

So I tossed the coin.

I watched it fly above me, passing through a blur of motions in front of me, waiting for it to stop and give me some answers. Whether it’s a chance to love again or a ticket to the seminary.

My heart flipped with the coin as it took its time to sink down in my hand. You know what they say about tossing coins? They say that it’s a way to help you decide between two things. But technically, before you could even toss a coin, you already have the answer in your mind.

I got mine before I even got the coin and bump into someone.

“I’m so sorry.” she said as she balanced herself. “I didn’t see you, I’m so sorry.”

“It’s okay. No harm done.”

We both looked at each other and something pulled my heart. Somewhere in my head, the tinkers are telling me I am in big trouble.

She bit her lower lip and blushed. “I’m really—I mean, I’m terribly sorry. I should… watch myself next time.”

She has beautiful green eyes. The one that would describe the color of the sea when it runs too deep.

“It’s really okay.” I said.

She smiled once again. “Okay. Bye.”

She started to walk away along with my eyes and a stupid part of my heart.

I looked down at the coin in my hand.

Heads. It said.

I looked back at her. She looked back at me.

I smiled at her and she smiled back at me.

Maybe this was what Anna wanted. She wanted me to live. She wanted me to love again.

The reason why people come into our lives is because they serve as living lessons. Anna had thought me a great deal of things in my life. Of chances to take, of lives to form, of sacrifices to share and of love to make. I guess the reason why we hold on to something so tight is because we fear something so great won’t happen twice. But the truth is, when things don’t go the way they should be, something’s meant to meet at the end.

Heaven knows what it is, but another tossed coin means another story to tell.

~THE END~

Heaven Knows. Copyright © 2014 by BelleBurns. All Rights Reserved.

For my grandma. I love you and I miss your brownies!