Chapter 2- Leave the Light on... for me too...

Tristan's POV

Two weeks ago...

Tonight is going to be the first night he would head home feeling like a pair of cold hands were clutching at his heart.

The chilly weather, the light drizzle wasn't helping either. The sky was devoid of stars that might have helped make things better. There wasn't even a moon to give even the faintest light... or hope.

What is going on?

He watched as her car sped away, and right then and there, he knows for sure that things are never the same.

Who knew he would ever head this way at past 1 in the morning? It is Sunday already. He should be resting. This has been quite a week. But here he was, quietly cruising northwards, hesitating a bit...

He wondered if she's still awake.

He wondered if she ever felt any different than, say, six weeks ago.

He stopped at an intersection, and as he waited for the green light, he pressed a number on his speed dial, as he stuck the wireless head set on his right ear.

He pressed on the gas, as he heard a faint static before the lines finally cleared. Her number started ringing.

As he made a turn to the village entrance, he could feel his stomach churning, somehow he hesitated a bit. But the guards, quickly checking on his ID's, have given him a go signal.

Her phone was still ringing.

He cruised past houses, turned corners, as he listened to the 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th ring... still, nobody answered. The cold hand that clutched at his heart felt heavier, colder, like each second that passed that his call was not answered was a countdown to the death row.

Please pick up.

10th ring, and then there was a busy tone.

He sighed. And stopped just a few meters way from their gate. He looked up, to where her room was. It was dark.

His shoulders slumped as one hand gripped the steering wheel.

Just one more try... and then he dialed her number again.

And this time, on the 2nd ring, she picked up. There was a shuffling sound, and then her voice.

"Sorry, this phone was in my bag earlier, I didn't know it was there..."

He breathed a sigh of relief. He is smiling now. "Do you remember what Lance said to Regina when she was explaining why she was late for a guesting?"

"Nooo..." and he could just imagine her pursing her lips, eyes narrowing as in deep serious thought. It warmed his heart just thinking how adorable she must have looked right that moment.

"No?"

"Well, he didn't really say anything yet, right? Because he did something first... he cupped her head, pulled her gently close to him..." she offered.

"And I kissed you."

She laughed. "No, Lance kissed Regina."

"TRISTAN kissed Aria."

"Fine..." she paused. "You're home already?"

"I could be..." he relaxed on his seat. He looked up her window again, in almost the same time that she turned on the lights.

"What?" she cleared her throat. "What's up, TRISTAN?"

"Leave the light on..."

"Hoy! Teka lang..." (Hey hang on!) he heard shuffling, and foot steps, something being opened. "Ikaw yung nasa labas? Sira ka! May problema ba? Wait, baba lang ako." (Are you the one outside? You're crazy do you have a problem? Wait ill go there now)