One Last

Aria

She wasn't even tasked to do the interview, she was just going to be in the same studio, perhaps same room with him, but the thought of it alone made her both nervous and excited? God....

She was quite relieved when his segment went by and thought she'd be fine, but...
He's here somewhere, and it's not because of her.

He's here somewhere, with someone, and unlike the last few times they were together, he's not going to leave with her in his arms.
Those lean, strong arms belong to someone else now.

That same someone who's been in his life longer than he's ever known me.
Shit, how long has it been since they've been together, kissing as if the world was about to end, holding onto each other like it was the last, making love as if it was the only thing that mattered?
And they were married just... a month ago!
Fucking married. God, maybe that was fake. 'Tang-inang malignong 'yon! Kung hindi ito nanggulo...

Then again, how could he have easily gotten back with her and there were even rumors that they're... engaged!But we were married! Shit. Nababaliw na yata ako. Bakit ganito. I'm not supposed to feel anything. It's just a matter of time before we meet again, at sa ayaw at sa gusto ko ay kailangan ko itong harapin.
Kailangan ko siyang harapin.

And I have to keep my emotions in check, need to hold back from strangling or kicking him or... Oh, God.. Kissing him.
I miss him.

I'm a freakin' mess. I need to --
"Hi, Aria,"
She didn't think her entire world could ever feel that way again, like time completely stopped and everything seemed to have disappeared, and all that's left was her and the only man she'd ever want to be with when everything else was gone. Ano ba, ang baduy...
She wanted to take a moment to calm down, to tell her heart to be still, but she could smell him, feel him... hear him calling her name again.
"Aria, are you okay?"

A hand went to her cheek, to her forehead, to her neck... she swallowed. What was he doing? She caught his hand, warm against her icy palm. "I'm okay... Tristan," she blinked and tried to focus. She didn't think this would happen this soon. She'd have to look at him again.

She braced herself for a cold, distant stare. Something that could probably force her to snap out of it, to tell her it's over.
Instead, she was met with that too familiar longing gaze, the one that made her feel as jf she was his entire universe, the one that made her knees weak, the kind of look that traps her in place seconds before he kissed her.

Tristan

He knew she would be there. She wasn't the one who did the interview but she was in the same studio anyway.
He wasn't planning on seeing her.
He could always say hes in a hurry and he had other appointments or other places to go to, that the interview was just one of those many items to tick off his busy schedule.
But who was he kidding? He wasn't that busy.
He could stay, catch up with the hosts, talk to her. No.

Shit, what was he thinking?
What else was there to talk about anyway?
A month seems like a lifetime ago, and yet here he was, he couldn't stop himself from moving towards where she stood as soon as he saw her.
Fuck, I should stop.

But he only got closer....and closer. Until he was right in front of her, gazing at that face he could probably stare at forever.
And she seemed... lost? Sad?
Aria was staring off into space, her soulful almond eyes devoid of its usual sparkle.
Like something, or someone took away whatever life there was in those eyes.

"Hi, Aria," he softly said as he clenched his fists. He wanted to pull her close, take his fingers through her hair and kiss her. Kiss her until whatever wall lay betweer them crumbles into dust.

Hold her until everything that happened a month ago turns into a bad dream.
And they are only waking up now.
God, I should just walk away.

He tried, but he couldn't take his eyes off her, as he felt his heart constrict. Something's up.

"Aria, are you okay?" He asked, and he just couldn't hold back anymorre.

A hand went up to gently touch her cheek, her forehead, her neck. Her skin was unusually cold, and she flinched slightly before she caught his hand.

"I'm okay... Tristan," there was just the slightest edge to her voice, even if she almost whispered those words, even if she barely looked at him.

She didn't let go right away. She held onto him as if she was trying to steady herself, until finally, she fixed her gaze upon him and his breath hitched.

Last month was a  lifetime ago, but now as their gazes locked, it was like looking at another lifetime... together.
Time has stopped, they're back into their own little world -- the one they often found themselves in.

He wanted to speak, but he had no idea what needed to be said. He was lost.
Lost in the all-consuming fire that was reclaiming its rightful place in her eyes. Lost in the way her gaze traps, like that force that pulls him seconds before they kiss...
A month ago, a lifetime ago.
That wasn't a dream.
She's with someone now. Someone who was already in her life long before they met.
And so was he.

He swallowed. Why am I still here?
He thought abput pulling away from her grasp and letting go, but she got to it first.
Slow, seemingly uncertain at first, until she was completely out of his reach, even if they're right in front of rach other, close enough to touch again.

I miss you, Aria.

"Sorry, Tristan. Parang umaatake yata ang migraine ko," she brought a hand to the side of her head, her smile uncertain. "I think, kailangan kong bumalik sa dressing room. Ikaw?"

He blinked, unsure what to make of it. "Uh. I think we need to go... I mean, me and my... companion," he bit his tongue.

"Margaery. Well, ingat," she nodded, then turned as she stepped away, but not before he laid a hand on her lower back and gently guided her to the dressing room.

"No, Tristan. I'm okay, kaya ko," she raised a brow.

He did the same, without saying a word and she just sighed.

He doesn't even know why he's doing this, but he felt he had to. He needed to.
He had to hold her, then slowly, surely let her go, one last time.

Maybe.

_________________

And there it is!!! Next update should hopefully be before the weekend 😉

Please don't forget to ❤️ and follow our page cheers

🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳