Chapter Four

Rowe was running on adrenaline the whole way home. It was a different kind of adrenaline than the other jobs she'd done. With those, she'd never had any problems, she just went in, did what she had to and got out. This time, though, this time someone was there, trying to catch her!

While she should have been worried about getting caught, as soon as she saw who it was, she wasn't that worried anymore. Ant-Man. He wouldn't turn her over to the police, and he wouldn't hurt her unless he had to. That's why she turned into the tiger, to scare him enough that she could get away quickly.

Back at her apartment, Kace was waiting on the couch, passed out. She grabbed a blanket from the closet and threw it over him, then grabbed her laptop and headed into her bedroom. There was no way she could sleep right now, not while the adrenaline was still pumping through her veins, but she could do what she needed to to finish the job.

After setting up the USB and proper programs on her computer, she left it on her bed and headed to the shower to try and relax her a bit so that she could get some sleep.

The shower was warm and it did, indeed, relax her. By the time she got out of the shower, her eyes were getting heavy and she was this close to drifting off where she stood. When she checked her computer, the program had finished running and wiped the USB. She shut it off and placed it on her nightstand.

A glance out the window told her that the sun was still below the horizon, but just barely. It was getting early in the morning and she was about ready to drop. She had the night shift at the diner tonight, so she had all day to sleep.

"Rowe!" an urgent voice was saying. "Get up, Rowe!"

Peeking out of one eye, Rowe saw Kace standing over her, an excited look in his eyes. "What is it?" she asked him sleepily.

"The tv, come on, come see!" he urged and she reluctantly pulled herself out of bed and followed her best friend to the living room where she saw the television on and paused on a news story. What was so exciting that Kace had to wake her up after only a few hours of sleep, Rowe couldn't fathom, but she watched as Kace pressed play.

"Blue Robin strikes again. This time, she was spotted outside the house of Elliott Gordon. Across the country, workers at Gordon's restaurants have come into thousands of dollars, and found that all of their debt and outstanding loans were even paid off. In line with the pattern, Gordon refuses to admit that any money is missing.

"Once more, those on the receiving end of Blue Robin's generosity have taken to Twitter to thank her. #thankyouBlueRobin is trending worldwide.

"Who knows what she'll do next?"

Her heart swelled.

Kace looked at Rowe and bumped her with his shoulder, and she looked over at him, smiling widely. He raised his eyebrows and she nodded, silently saying that yes, she knew, and yes, she couldn't believe it either.

"How awesome is that?" he said.

"I can't stop smiling," she replied.

"They love you!" he told her.

"I know!" she replied. "It makes me so ridiculously happy!"

Unfortunately for Rowe and Kace, their excitement was going to be short-lived. On the windowsill of the kitchen window, a small, barely detectable person stood, listening carefully to everything the pair were saying.

That was all the confirmation Scott needed to know that this girl was Blue Robin. Once she was gone, Scott would look for the USB, just to be sure that he had the right person before confronting her about it.

He really didn't want to anger the tiger.

Scott watched as she stood from the couch and told her friend that she was going back to bed before walking back into the bedroom and disappearing.

Laying in her bed, Rowe found it difficult to fall back asleep. She laid there and closed her eyes, but all she could think about was the news report. Finally giving in, she rolled over and grabbed her phone, opening Twitter and typing the hashtag into the search bar. Her heart swelled even more as she looked through the tweets.

"With the money I received, I can take my kids to Disneyworld #thankyouBlueRobin"

"Now that I'm debt free I can take my mom to home to Italy. #thankyouBlueRobin"

"I can't thank Blue Robin enough for what she's done for me. I'm eternally thankful. #thankyouBlueRobin"

"Without Blue Robin I wouldn't be able to take my wife on the spa weekend I've been promising forever #thankyouBlueRobin"

Rowe could barely contain her smiles as she continued to read through the tweets. People were benefiting from what she was doing. They were treating their loved ones and being happy. That was the reason she started doing this in the first place. Making people happy, and giving them what they needed to live comfortably. She hoped that they would continue to be happy.

Putting her phone back on the nightstand, Rowe closed her eyes and smiled. The last thought in her head as she drifted off to sleep was that her plan was working.