Chapter Six

Scott and Rowe parted ways not long after her threat. Simon asked her what took her so long, but she waved it off with the simple explanation of, "I ran into an old friend." Simon gave her a curious look but she smiled and left without another word except for goodbye.

But as she got on the bus and headed home, she knew that she had to text Kace. She sent him a text that said nothing but emergency in all caps and by the time she walked into her apartment, her best friend was waiting on the fire escape despite the fact that it was getting close to three in the morning.

"What's the emergency?" Kace asked sleepily.

"Someone knows," she told him.

"Knows what?" he asked.

"About me. And me being Blue Robin."

Kace shot out of his sleepy state in an instant. Eyes wide, he said, "who?"

"The same guy who tried to stop me in Gordon's house."

"You didn't tell me about that."

"I know. But I didn't want to worry you."

"It's alright, I guess, but- holy shit," Kace said and rubbed a hand over his face. He looked over at Rowe, "what are you going to do?" he asked.

"What can I do? It's not like he can exactly tell the police. And besides, he doesn't have any real proof that he can bring to them. When I transformed, he wasn't wearing his helmet, so he couldn't have recorded it, and the USB was empty. He doesn't have any physical proof," she explained to him.

"Wasn't wearing his helmet... Does that mean you saw his face? Do you know who he is?" Kace asked her, sounding excited.

"Yeah, of course I do."

"So who is he?" Kace asked.

"Oh no. No, no, no, no. I am not telling you that," she said, standing up from the stairs and crossing to lean back against the railing. "If I tell you that, he can tell anyone he wants who I am."

Kace pouted and looked at her with big eyes, "pwease?" he asked. Rowe scoffed.

"No."

"You know, for an awesome superhero, you kinda suck," he said.

"Good thing I'm not a superhero," she tossed back.

It was Kace's turn to scoff. "I'm sure that all those people you've helped would certainly think of you as their hero. And every other burglar can't do what you can, you're super. Hence, you are a superhero. Accept it."

Rowe rolled her eyes.

Laying on his bed staring at the ceiling, Scott couldn't help but think about Blue Robin. Well, Rowe Montgomery, since that was her name... What made her do what she did? Why did she burgle people? Sure, the news said she gave the money to those it was taken from, but why? She could just take the money for herself. She wasn't living in the best of apartments, with the best of stuff, so why not use her powers selfishly?

This was the question that was keeping Scott awake. Not to mention the fact that learning who she really was had been pretty exciting. He was still running on adrenaline. Tomorrow he would talk to Doctor Pym about what he'd found out, but tonight...

Tonight he would wonder about her motives, her history. Her origin story.

The next day was a gloomy one. Rain and grey skies blanketed San Francisco and that meant Rowe sitting at the window and watching the city move below her with a cup of tea in hand and comfy clothes. She had the night shift again at the diner, so she had a free day. And while she should be sleeping, Rowe just couldn't resist the rainy day.