Reliving a nightmare

Ezra pushed the crate after Chopper in Lothal's town. The two were doing a supply run and so far, they only had one more thing to get. Fuel.
Chopper warbled at Ezra.

"Don't worry Chop, I've lived on Lothal my whole life. I know where we can get some fuel for the Ghost" Ezra told him going down an alley.

Chopper beeped in a sarcastic way.

"Quiet you rust bucket! You'll blow our position" Ezra said.

He shoved some crates aside to reveal a passage.

"Stay here. I'll be back in a minute."

Ezra slid down the tunnel and crawled towards the light at the end.

"We all know the plan, finding the lothrat will be easy."

Ezra froze. He knew who that voice belonged to, and he didn't want to be discovered.
Taking a quiet breath he began to shuffle forward a bit more.
Six muscly, big men were standing round a holographic table.
They were talking with someone on a hologram.

"When we find the kid we'll contact you. Just let us do some revenge sir" one said.

"Very well, just don't kill him. We need that boy."

Ezra tensed. He recognised Agent Kallus's tone. He also knew now that they were talking about him. He decided that it might be better to bye some fuel then steal it from these thugs.
Suddenly, Chopper warbled loudly down the passage just as the thugs turned off the hologram.

"What was that?"

Ezra quickly tried to turn around and scramble up the tunnel, but Chopper must have gotten impatient because he sent down a shock of energy.
Ezra was thrown out of the end of the passage, right in front of the men.
With a groan, he looked up at the thugs.

"Well, well, well. What do we have here?"

Ezra gulped. He was in trouble. He was weak from the energy and the leader grabbed his lightsaber.

Kanan and Hera looked up in surprise as Chopper came wheeling into the Ghost's cockpit. Beeping, warbling and chirping like a manic.

"Chop! Chopper! Slow down! What are you saying?" Hera yelled over the droids racket.

Once C1- 10P was calm, Kanan asked him a question that entered his head as soon as Chopper rolled in.

"Where's Ezra?"

Chopper answered that in a split second.

"What...what do you mean taken?!"

Chopper replied instantly.

"Hera, get the team together. We need to go after Ezra" Kanan ordered.

Ezra grunted as a thugs fist hit his stomach.
He was tied to a pole with a black eye, multiple bruises and cuts, and a sprained leg.
He had told himself many times not to use the Force to save himself, but it was difficult. He could only imagine what they would do to him if they knew. Probably worse than this was.

"Feeling sore kid? Good" the leader snapped coming forward.

"You were very foolish to come here. Especially after what happened last time. But of course you never learned. The only thing I bet you've learnt is that the Empire is too great for words and you will soon be transferred into their hands. And we will get paid handsomely."

He punched Ezra right round the jaw.

"You'll get killed Azgar" Ezra spat out a tooth.

"The Empire is never true to their words."

Azgar looked down at Ezra with much disgust.

"You're​..."

"Going to pay."

Ezra looked round Azgar and the thug spun round.
Kanan stood with his lightsaber activated. Sabine, Hera and Zeb were standing beside him, their own weapons aimed at the thugs.

"Step away from my Padawan now" Kanan glared.

"Pa...Padawan?" Azgar stuttered nervously looking over his shoulder at Ezra.

"Step away from him" Kanan repeated dangerously.

The thugs immediately stood back against the walls.
Kanan ran over to Ezra while the other three made sure the men didn't move.

"Ezra... I'm so..." Kanan began but Ezra stopped him.

"Its OK Kanan, your here now, that's all that matters."

Kanan quickly undid the ropes binding his Padawan and Ezra fell into his Master's grip.
Kanan put his arms around Ezra for a few moments. The teen also held his Master, he felt safe now.
Kanan picked the boy up after putting his lightsaber away.

"Let's go. Oh and by the way you lot. If I find you anywhere near Ezra again..."

Kanan gave them a death glare and glanced down at his lightsaber.
They left the building quickly. Ezra was beginning to lose consciousness.

Ezra weakly opened his eyes. Kanan and Hera were sitting on chairs close to him. At once he saw he wasn't in his bunk. It was Kanan's.

"Master?"

Kanan, who had been meditating, looked up immediately. Hera smiled down at the teen.

"What happened after I passed out?" Ezra yawned burrowing deeper into the blanket he was covered by.

"We brought you back to the Ghost and fixed you up. Boy were there some nasty marks. If I see those men anywhere near you.." Kanan cracked his knuckles.

"Calm down love, Ezra's back and in safe hands. And Ezra, the man seemed to know you and you knew him, what was that about?" Hera asked.

Ezra sighed heavily and told the story.

"When I was living on the streets,  I stole to survive. Unfortunately, I stole from those thugs when I was only eight."

Ezra raised his shirt slightly to show a long scar that started from his side and ended halfway across his back.
Hera and Kanan's eyes widened.

"They gave me this with a knife and got the stuff I took back. I might've been young, but they didn't go easy on me."

Kanan took Ezra into his arms and closed his eyes.

"Don't worry Padawan, I think I've made myself clear to them that if you get taken by them again, I'll slit their throats."

He heard Ezra laugh slightly.
"Thanks Kanan."

Hera kissed Ezra's forehead before leaving the two Jedi to them selves.

"You need to rest now Ezra, you've been through quite an ordeal" Kanan told Ezra.

His Padawan nodded before lying back down.
"Hey Kanan?"

"Yeah?"

"I love you."

Kanan smiled to himself.

"I love you too Padawan, I want you to always know that."

"Oh I got that a while back."

"When?"

"When you offered me the chance for a new life."