Chapter 2

Breathe in, breathe out. And in and out. I still felt nervous and my hands still shake from the incident before. Theo was insisting with going to see the doctor but I didn't want to go. And I'm not telling anything to Lissa. Or Dimitri. Lets just say only Theo and I'll know about this.

I knock on the door.

A big, strong looking Guardian opened the door. I have met him before. He used to be Queen Tatiana's guardian. One of the best guardians on Court. Dimitri said we can trust him.

 "Guardian Hathaway. The Queen is expecting you." he opened the door widely and stepped aside so I can come in.

 There were 2 other guardians in the room. One was standing by the window guarding the landscape outside and the other one was a woman standing by the sofa where Lissa was sitting. When she saw me coming in, she stood up and ran to hug me. Her grip on me was strong but I liked it. I needed it. I missed her so much.

"How are you?" she asked me

"I'm much better now." I say and hug her back. We took a seat, back on sofa.

"New haircut?" I ask her.

"Oh, I just straightened it a little bit." she brushed her hair with her fingertips quickly and smiled.

"It fits you." I smile back. It did. Her hair was longer and her crown fitted perfectly on her head. Her eyes were shiny green and her dimples were  lovely as always.

"How is your training doing?" she changed the topic. I can't say what happened.

"It's been going really well. And as the matter of fact,-"

"I know, I know." she said. "You want to get back. I'll get you an appointment with a doctor."

"I don't need that. Really, I'm fine. Just let me put that uniform on and be here for you."

"I'm sorry but I can't do that. I need to be sure."

"Okay, okay... Get me a doctor." I say rolling my eyes. She hugs me again.

"I miss you so much. Seriously, I can't wait for you to come back. It's been so hard without you." Now I have to get back. She needs me. We need each other.

Somebody knocked on the door. The guardian opened it.

"Mr. Ozera is here." Lissa looked at the guardian and nodded. We both stand up when the door opens. Christian and Dimitri walked in. Christian was wearing a black jacket, dark red T-shirt and dark blue jeans. And Dimitri as always, he wears his guardian uniform and his duster. He looks hot in those clothes. He looked serious walking in but when he saw me, he smiled.

 They came to us. The next second Lissa and Christian were all over themselves.

 "How was your day?" I ask Dimitri.

"As always. And yours?" he said while he came closer and grabbed my waist.

"Lissa's getting me a check-up at a doctor. I can't wait to be back." He smiled. He wanted to say something but I already changed the subject.

"Get a room." I say to Christian and Lissa. They both look at us and smile. "Witch made me remember... Christian and I have a present for both of you." Lissa said and she ran to her desk. She came back and offered us keys.

Dimitri and I exchange a look. "What is it?" I ask.

"It's an apartment. It is outside the building but on this property. It is situated where other workers live. It's small... but I can't let you live in a guest room forever." Dimitri and I exchange another look but then both of us shake our heads.

"We can't accept it." Dimitri said.

"You can and you will. It's an order." Now her face was serious and her hands were crossed. I have no other choice then take the keys.

"I did decorate it, I couldn't leave it empty. But there are other articles in there and then we can go check furniture together in a shop, so it could be your perfect love nest. The only thing that is missing, is your stuff." Lissa said.

"I'm staying here with Lissa, so you're job for today is done, Dimitri. Now you both go to your room and pack your stuff, then go see your new apartment and have a nice day." Christian said. I was left speechless.

"I'll call you, to tell you when you're going to meet the doctor. I hope you'll like it." Lissa said looking at my hand holding the key.

"I already love it. Thank you, both of you."

 After we say our goodbyes, Dimitri and I go to our room with a bunch of boxes and a key.

Dimitri is now packing his clothes and I'm putting his books in a box. Thinking of how much he loves to read made me remember of the books in his home in Russia. The one his mother didn't allow him to read.

"Dimitri? Does your family know that you're... alive?" Dimitri paused and stared at the empty wardrobe.

"We'll talk about it later, OK?" There's something more to it. I don't want to argue, that's why I just nod.

We're standing on the front door of our new apartment. I unlock the door and we step in. We leave the boxes and bags beside the wall.

We entered living room. There was a sofa and an armchair, a nice glass decorative table, accros of the sofa was a fireplace. On the left side of sofa, in the corner, was a TV and next to it was a door on a small balcony. In the room was also a bookcase for all Dimitri's books and for some pictures.

Then there was a kitchen. It was small and it had a separate dining room. The room where was the dining table with 6 chairs, was probably meant to be kids room. But as Dimitri and I are both dhampirs...

Now the bedroom was next. It was simple and beautiful. Just the way we liked it. A bed with 2 bed tables, a wardrobe and a door to the bathroom.

"How are we going to thank them for this?" Dimitri asks holding my hand.

"Umm... With protecting them for the rest of our lives?"

 The phone rang. It was Lissa.

When we finish talking, Dimitri was putting his last 2 books in the bookcase.

"I have an appointment tomorrow at 10 a.m. Now let's get something to eat. I'm starving." Together we prepared spaghetti with some sauce and watched some Russian old movies for the rest of the day.

                                                                                        *

I'm watching myself in the mirror and butting up buttons on my shirt. I went to see the doctor yesterday. He checked me up from head to toes. And he said I'm healthy and ready to be back as a Guardian. I'm getting ready for my first day as The Queens Guardian.

And hell yeah, I'm ready.

Vampire Academy: Broken Trustजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें