Chapter 17

CHRISTIAN

Thank God, Lissa didn't insist on coming here with me. She doesn't want to but, "for you, to feel better", she said. She's right, I feel awful coming here. I don't even know what to say to her. "Happy birthday" and go? Why did I even come here...

"Wait in here." a guardian said to me and my two guards. It's the meeting cell. A small room with a table and two chairs and white walls all around it.

I take a seat and nervously wait for my aunt to come. I haven't seen her since the day after Lissa's coronation. When she was still in the royal cells. We didn't talk much. I didn't want to.

First I was an outcast because of my strigoi parents, now I am because of the person who raised me wanted to kill the woman I love. Why did I come here again?

Lissa said I shouldn't punish myself for things I didn't do...

"Christian." Tasha said when she saw me "Didn't expect you to visit." she sat on the chair opposite mine, "Still, you are the only one who would visit." she smiled.

"Happy birthday." I said. I don't know what else to say.

"Thank you." she said. And I see her eyes began to wet. "Tell me, how are you."

"It's been a little tough lately, but not really for me, so I'm fine. And you?"

"How do you think I am? Here in prison..."

"You're making a victim of yourself, but we all know you are not here for nothing." I burst. I still didn't tell her what I think about her doings. Maybe now is the time.

"Everybody is making Rose the poor girl that was a victim of my plan, but nobody knows that she also deserves it. "

"With what?" I say slowly, carefully, to make her hear those words well.

"She also killed. She killed Victor. And she stole my happiness."

"Are you serious?" I smile. "Your reasons for Rose deserving the prison is because Dimitri choose her instead of you?" I laugh with face in my hands and shaking my head. No, she didn't say that. That's insane. She's insane.

"Dimitri was meant to be with me!" she hit the table with her handcuffed hands.

"It's okay." I raised my hand to show my guards to not react on that.

"Dimitri and I would be perfect for eachother. He would be my guardian and I would be his moroi. I wouldn't care if we wouldn't be both moroi. I wouldn't care about anyone talking about us. We would have eachother and that's enough for me. It would be enough for him too, if that brat wouldn't come in the way!" she continued. "And we would have a family, children. He wants a family. Rose can't give him that." she said proud.

"Well, you're wrong." I say leaning closer to her.

"What is that supposed to mean?" she asks confused.

"Rose is pregnant." I say.

"She cheated on him?" she laughs. "Oh, Rosemarie..."

"No. She didn't. She wouldn't."

"And how, please tell me, you know that? she asks confidently.

"I know her." I said. I wish I could have the proof but...