chapter 12

Lissa's POV

Dimitri walked in all nervous and I think I saw his hands shaking. God knows what they were talking about.

"I convinced her. She's in." he said.

"Okay, so Dimitri you will be going to Russia and take care of Rose. And-."

"Excuse me. What?" Dimitri stopped me. "I can't stay in Russia..."

"Yes you can. And you will."

"But Christian-"

"Christian will have enough guardians around him, because he's going to be with me. Rose is the one who needs help. And you are the only one who knows Russia that much. And you have family there. So no excuses. You're going." I don't know if I'm actually trying to get them back together or it's just that I know that Dimitri is the best protection for her. Probably both.

We were walking over to the driveway. Rose was ready to go. It was sunny outside and the whole campus was sleeping now. I was tired and so was everybody else. But I'm not going to sleep until I know that Rose is safe. Just before Rose sat in the car I stopped her.

"Rose." I said and touched her shoulder. She turned around. "We'll take care of you, okay?" I expected her to just turn away and ignore me but she didn't. She nodded and said, "Thank you." Does that mean that we're talking again? Does that mean that she forgave me?

"Be careful." she said to me.

"You too." I said back. She sat in the car and they drove away.

"Let's get some sleep." Christian said.

"I need to talk to Jill."

"You'll talk to her tomorrow at breakfast. Everyone is sleeping now." Christian said. He was right. We went to a guest room and got ready to sleep. I fell asleep with a smile on my face, which didn't happen for a long time.

It was breakfast time and I went to see if Jill is in the cafeteria. She wasn't there. Maybe she's with  feeders. I went to check, but she was not there either. Where are Jill and Eddie?

I hear a noise in a room on my right side. As long as I remember this room is empty. I open the door and get a surprise.

"Oh." got from my mouth. Jill and Eddie were all over themselves on sofa covered up with sheets. Jill was laying down and Eddie was on top of her kissing her. When they heard me they quickly broke apart. They were both blushing.

"I... I can explain." Eddie started.

"Explain what?" I smiled. "What are you going to say? That you were correcting her lipstick? It’s obvious enough."

"What are you doing here?" Jill tried to change the subject.

"I came here for Rose and to see you of course, but I got a really big surprise."

"Look. We were going to tell you... it's still not official anyway." Eddie said with his hands in his pocket.

"Not official?" I said. "You were drooling all over yourselves over there and you say that's not official?" I say pointing a finger at the sofa. "Look, Eddie." I step closer to him. "If you hurt her... hide. But I'll find you... and crush you. Do you understand me?" Eddie only nodded. And Jill was rolling her eyes.

"I'm not your mother..." I tell her. "But... Use protection." I tell them. They were looking at eachother and I also started to feel awkward so I just walked out.

Now I know how Rose felt... I felt really awkward.

"Lissa. Did you find Jill?" Christian came after me.

"Yes." I said. Well that's all I got out of my mouth.

"Let's go for a walk." Christian said.

"Do you think guardians will actually allow me?" I smile.

"We won't go anywhere close to the gate. I promise."

We walked to the church. It was just how I remembered it. Quite big, open and safe. But he didn't want to stay here. He walked me to the attic. Our place. When I came in all the good memories got into my mind. All the time I spent here with Christian... It made me smile.

I got a message on my phone.

"Rose is safe." I said. Christan came closer and hugged me. We were both happy and laughing of relief.

"Now we can finally be calm." Christian said and kissed me.

We spent there almost the whole night until we got hungry. On our way out the church father stopped us.

"Your Majesty" he said. "I remember you when you took your first footsteps and now you are a Queen. So young..."  he was right. I was the youngest to have the throne.

"It must be very difficult for you."

"It's... a lot of work and obligation. The whole Court and vampire community is counting on me."

"How is Rosmarie doing? I heard she was here but I never saw her..." Hmm... that's a good question.

"Rose has her difficult times right now. But don't worry, she's just fine."

"Oh, my." father looked conserned.

"We need to go now. It was nice to see you again." I smiled. Christian grabbed my hand and pulled me after him.

"Now you made him worry."

"That wasn't my intention. What was I supposed to say? She is perfectly fine and living the life of her dreams? No. I'm not lying in a church. Especially not to a priest."

We went back and stopped at feeders. We both needed some energy.

Then I got a call that it's safe to get back. They said that guardians will be here for us in half an hour.

"We'll find some new guardians to protect the school." I say to Alberta.

"Tell me if you need any help." she says.

In the meantime Kirova was telling me how thankful she is that I came here and bla, bla, bla...

Just before Christian and me sat in the car, Jill and Eddie came to say goodbye.

"Take care of her." I tell Eddie and he nods. Both of them were still blushing and feeling nervous. I mean, I don't have a problem with them being together... It's just... Eddie never actually showed me any interest of being in a relationship... And moroi and a dhampir... not on a very good voice here in this world...

We hug and say our goodbyes and it's our time to go.