Chapter 3

I just finished with putting on a headphone and a microphone to have connection with other guardians on the propriety. My uniform fits perfectly with my body and I look badass in it. I have made myself a bun to show my tattoos.

 I remember a day in the gym, when Dimitri was my teacher, he saw my hands all injured and made me sit down so he would take care of them. I mentioned him I don't want to cut my hair, it's dhampir habit so they can show their marks. "Don't cut it," he said gruffly, "wear it up.".

It's time to start with my day. And I turn my way to Lissa’s office. On my way there, people were staring at me as I would be some kind if alien walking past them. I just passed the garden and walked in a huge Court hallway. There in the corner Theo was playing his guitar and singing with few moroi children sitting around him. He's such a happy person.

When he looked up and saw me there watching me, he stopped playing and excused himself to kids. Then he came to me.

"Well, well who looks smokin' hot in a Guardian uniform?"

"I sure do!" I blink to him.

"I wanted to talk to you... I'm going to see my family in Ohio and I just wanted to say goodbye." he said.

"For how long are you going?" I asked him.

"I don't know yet... A week or two."

"Well don't be there for too long. Who's going to laugh at my training then?" I tell him. We both laugh.

"Say goodbye to Dimitri for me, okay?"

"I sure will." I say and we hug.

"Have a great time there and send me a postcard." I say when we get apart. We smile at each other again.

I looked over his shoulder and saw a woman standing and watching us.

My mother.

I break apart with Theo.

"Mother. What are you doing here?" I say confused.

"It's nice to see you too, Rosemary. Ariana Szelsky came here to take care for some family things. And I came with her." Great. Now she's going to be here while I guard and I'm probably going to be full of her advices, if I can call that, advices. I saw Theo watching us.

"Mom this is Theo Timberlake. Theo this is my mom, Janine Hathaway." He offered his hand but my mom only nodded. How polite of her...

"I'm afraid I need to go now. It was a pleasure to meet you Guardian Hathaway." He said nodding at her.

"Take care." I say to him and touch his shoulder. And he walks away.

"Would it hurt if you would tell me, you're coming here?" I said crossing my hands.

"It was not planned. How is your life out here?"

"I'm going on my first day as a Guardian and I'm late. Look, would you come later on a dinner at my apartment? We can talk then." She nods and I rush to the office.

When I come in, Lissa is sitting behind her desk talking with a middle-aged woman sitting on a chair opposite of her. Now the man stands up.

"I knew it. How can a child like you rule the Court and all people! All of you Moroi can sit around and live your life but we dhampirs have to risk our lives for you! My son was turned into a strigoi because of you!" She yelled at her. I called back up through the microphone and quickly runned to her and grabbed her shoulder.