Chapter 23

I walked slowly through the hospital, holding Emily's and Noah's hands. I walked into the wing where my Doctor's office area was, and I signed in before sitting down with the kids. Noah climbed onto my lap and I cuddled him and waited for my name to be called.

"Momma, why isn't Daddy here?" Emily asked as she looked up from my phone. She had opened up my photos and was looking at a picture of me and Elliot. It was shortly after Faith was born, and we were both super tired looking, but happy.

"Daddy is with Bernie right now, baby. He'll be here for the next appointment. But, it doesn't matter, Em, because you and Noah are going to get to see Serena." I smiled as I rubbed Noah's small back.

She nodded happily and I let my mind wander for awhile.

I couldn't help but think about how much my kids have grown. Noah was going on three, and Emily was almost 7. Elliot and I have been married for going on 6 years, and we are happy. We are having a baby, and even though Bernie is sick, she is in our lives, and that is something that Elliot wanted so badly.

"Ms. Benson?" A voice questioned and I sighed and stood up. I placed Noah on his feet and motioned for Emily to follow.

---

"Well, wasn't it cool to see Serena?" I asked Emily as we rode the elevator to Bernie's floor.

"Yeah, but why does she look like an alien?" Emily asked and I chuckled.

"I don't know, sweetie, but um, here we are!" I said, happy to be out of that damn elevator. I took their hands again and headed out. We started towards Bernie's room, when I saw Elliot sitting outside of Bernie's room, his head in his hands.

"Kids, can you go play over there for a moment?" I asked quietly, and Emily looked up at me with worried eyes.

"Momma?" She questioned and I frowned.

"Baby go put your boot up and keep Noah occupied, please." I breathed and she nodded and walked over to the waiting area, and I walked over to Elliot and gently touched his shoulder. He looked up with tear filled eyes.

"She's gone." He whimpered.

---

Bernie had died last night, a stroke. She was weak, and didn't have a chance. The cancer had spread, and it was only known after the autopsy. Her liver, kidneys, stomach, bladder, and heart were consumed by the cancer, and since she was gone, Elliot left with her.

He was quiet, and either was drinking or at the gym. He came home with bloody, swollen knuckles, or completely drunk. I ended up moving into the guest room, because I just didn't feel safe sleeping in the same bed with Elliot. I just didn't seem like I felt connected to him anymore, but I shouldn't be thinking like this, since Elliot did just lose his Mom.

"Olivia." Elliot groaned as he stumbled into our house. I woke up from where I was sleeping on the couch, uncomfortable, and missing sleeping in Elliot's arms.

"Babe?" I questioned and stood up slowly. He was slowly slipping his shoes off, while also attempting to not dump his beer on the floor.

"Olivia, where are you?" He slurred, and I ran my hand through my hair and frowned.

"I'm right here, El. Where have you been?" I questioned hesitantly.

"I was out with my buddies. Whiskey and beer." He laughed loudly and I frowned.

"Elliot, the kids are asleep. Please be quiet." I shushed, and he threw his beer, causing me to shake, completely frightened to the core.

"You don't tell me what to do!" He slurred, and then he stumbled towards me, but tripped over the table, and stumbled, sending me backwards and landing hard on my back. I groaned with pain as I gripped my stomach.

"I'm going to bed." He slurred before walking up the stairs, leaving me laying in intense pain.

 ---

I walked around sorely the next morning, my back aching, and my brain aching. I was so angry at Elliot that I had given myself a horrid headache. I was thankful for Emily going to school, and I used most of the day to run errands, since Serena would be here before I knew it, and since Elliot was still sleeping off his intense binge drinking.

I met up with Casey at the mall food court, and as soon as she came into view of Noah, he let go of my hand and ran right to her, taking her slightly off guard when he attacked her legs with a hug.

"Woah! Hey there little guy!" She smiled after she picked up Noah, a smile on her face.

"Auntie! Momma said you are having lunch with us!" Noah squealed.

"Yeah, Noah, I'm gonna have lunch with you two. I wanted to spend some time with my god son and my best friend." She smiled as I joined them.

"Hey Case. How are you?" I asked slowly, and she could tell I was off.

"Liv, are you alright?" She asked as we walked over to a table, so we could for a bit before getting lunch.

"Yeah, um, Noah why don't you go and play on the play ground." I smiled as I looked over at all the other kids running around and climbing on everything.

Noah ran off and Casey and I moved tables and sat down near the play area, and started to talk.

"Liv, what's wrong?" She asked, and I sighed.

"Elliot was a little violent last night." I frowned, and her eyes went wide.

"What?" She spoke in disbelief.

"Yeah." I sighed, and I leaned back and laid my hand onto of my stomach, thankful that Serena was moving due to what had happened last night.

"What did he do to you?" She asked, her voice pained.

"He threw a bottle because I told him to be quiet because the kids were sleeping, and then he came to hit me, and he tripped and knocked me down, then went to sleep." I sighed.

"Liv! Why didn't you tell me?" She asked quickly.

"Because he is my husband. I took vows. I'll be with him for better or for worse." I spoke, a deep frown on my face. " For better or for worse." 

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Sorry for how long it took me to update, I have been super tired since I had exams. Please vote/comment/share! Thanks!

~Olivia Stabler <3