Chapter 24

I took Noah home and tucked him in for a nap, and then searched the house for Elliot.

I found him in the bathroom, sleeping on the cold floor, and the bathroom smelt horrible. I sighed and I opened up the window.

"Elliot, get up."I sighed as I kicked him lightly with my foot.

"Five more minutes." He grumbled, and I sighed.

"Elliot, get the hell up. Now." I spoke, angrily. He groaned and climbed off the ground slowly. I walked out of the bathroom and got him some clothes to get into after he took a much needed shower, and I sat them on the bed.

"Take a shower." I ordered, as he walked out into our bedroom, but it's been his since I moved out and into the guest room.

"Why?" He yawned, and I frowned.

"Because you slept in your own vomit last night. Take a damn shower and get ready." I replied and he hit the bed frame angrily.

"You aren't my boss!" He spat, and I stood my ground.

"Elliot, you have been acting like this for almost two months! I've been yelled at, pushed, hit. I don't want it anymore. Either figure out a way to stop drinking, or I'm taking the kids and leaving." I hissed, and he looked at me with wide eyes. He for sure didn't expect that from me.

"You would leave?" He breathed, and I crossed my arms over my swell and nodded.

"Yeah, I would. You promised to be different from Will, but you aren't." I spoke, and he looked me in the eyes, seeing me stand my ground and not falter.

"Liv, I'm sorry. I-i just miss her." He whimpered, and he broke down in front of me. I walked over and cupped his cheeks, and looked him in the eyes.

"Elliot, I miss her too. I know it's hard, I've went through it, but it does get better. You need help. Your children miss you, and I want you to be sober when Serena gets here. Baby, no more drinking away the pain. Face it and get help. Please. For your children, all of them. For me." I breathed, and he nodded tearfully. He leaned in to kiss me, but I shook my head.

"Take a damn shower then I'll kiss you." I chuckled and he nodded.

---

Three weeks after I confronted Elliot, he was doing much better. He was helping me with the finishing touches on the nursery, and helped with Noah and Emily since I was getting tired easier now that Serena could come at any time.

"Alright, I'm going to my session, and then I'm picking up Emily." Elliot said as he dropped Noah off on the couch next to me, where I was folding laundry and I nodded.

"Alright, pick up dinner on your way home?" I asked, and he smiled and nodded before pecking my lips, and messing up Noah's hair.

"Burgers and fries it is." He laughed as he left.

I looked at Noah and smiled.

"Buddy, wanna go play with your blocks?" I asked, and he squealed and jumped up and ran to the play room, and I shifted into the standing position and followed him.

We played blocks for awhile before he got bored, and I took him into the living room and I read him like 3 books before Elliot and Emily got home.

"Momma!" Emily called as she came in the front door. Noah scrambled from my lap and ran and attacked Emily with hugs and she hugged him back.

"I missed you SO much Sissy!" Noah exclaimed, and a large smile spread over my lips and I knew that making the decision to adopt Noah was right, he fit in perfectly.

I walked into the kitchen to help Elliot with dinner.

"Hey baby." He smiled and I kissed his cheek.

"Hey. How was your session?" I asked.

"Good. He thinks that I can be done in a week." He replied and I smiled.

"That's amazing, babe." I beamed.

"Yeah, I'm glad. Like less time away from you and the kids." He spoke, before gently placing his hand over mine, which was on the top of my stomach.

---

Elliot was half asleep in bed while I got ready, which was taking longer because I had to take breaks because of some bad pain in my lower back that would wrap around to my stomach. I didn't want to think that it was contractions, because I was nervous about it. 

"Liv, are you coming to bed?" Elliot asked.

"Soon." I mumbled. I heard him get out of bed and he found me in the bathroom, rubbing my back slowly.

"Feeling alright?" He asked, and I shrugged.

"I don't know. I just think I need to get some sleep." I yawned and he nodded.

"Okay, but where is the pain?" He asked.

"It wraps around from my back to my stomach. It's fine though." I replied, and he shook his head but led me back to our bed. I laid down for an hour before the pain got even worse. I sat up in bed quickly, tears on my cheeks.

"El, wake up." I cried.

"What's wrong?" He asked quickly, becoming awake extremely quick.

"It hurts so bad." I whimpered.

"Alright, I'll call Maureen and we will head to the hospital."

---

After what seemed like forever, Serena was born. Her cries let me know that I survived everything that had happened. I didn't die when Ike took me. I lived through the car accident. I even stayed strong when and after Bernie died. Serena also survived through all those things, and I knew she was a fighter, just like me.

I woke up an hour or so after they had taken Serena away for tests and to get cleaned up, and I heard the soft breathing of my newborn. I yawned and looked as the nurse pushed her cart thingy next to my bed.

"She's healthy?" I asked, and the nurse smiled.

"Perfectly healthy. Wanna hold her?"

"Of course." I breathed. The nurse laid Serena in my arms and I kissed her forehead gently, and her eyes fluttered open. I smiled and ran my finger over her cheek.

"Hi baby. Momma has been fighting for you, and I'm so happy that I've finally met you." I breathed, my voice shaky with emotion. "I love you so much, Serena Grace."

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote/comment/share!

~Olivia Stabler <3