Chapter 2

[Sargent Nico(black hunting hound dogboy)]

       After two weeks Percy's silent presence became almost a comfort, he was always there. Like he was standing guard, or trying to find weakness. He has not spoken since the first day with the General and introducing himself to us.
        No one ever sees more than his eyes, the little strip of skin between, and his one ear. No one ever sees him shower, but he smells clean every morning. No one ever sees him sleep, but he's wide awake every morning. No one ever sees eat, but he's never hungry. No one ever sees him train but it's plain enough that he does. And no one ever sees him get mad when a recruit leers, or sneers, or makes a rude remark about or to him, he only responds with flipping them off or showing them their not worth his time but ignoring them.
      Which is why everyone is surprised when he  strolls into the chow hall. All conversations stop and all eyes are on him. He stops at the front of the chow hall, turns to face us, and looks at us almost judging if we were worth the information he was about it give.
        Patently we are, because he sighs and runs a hand over his covers face. He starts, " I'm assuming you all have high enough IQs to remember how cat-people work. If not we get a thing called heats. Now you are now all wondering why I am telling you things you should already know. Well, It's beca- Oh f*k it. My heat is coming up and none of you better get in my way. 'Normal'," he puts air quotes around that." Cat-people get the urge to submit, I will tell you straight out I don't. I will knock flat on your a*s if you try anything. And finally no your 'Alpha'," more air quotes," doesn't work on me. Heat starts tomorrow. Any questions?" He finishes
           Some recruit in the back of the room shouts,"I could help you through your heat, babe, then you could be my personal b*h." Him and his buddies all howl in laughter. Percy's eyes narrow, he pulls something from his elbow and throws it. It glitters briefly in the light before it slams quivering in the wall. Attached to the dagger is the coller recruit's shirt. The slamming door shakes everyone out of their daze.

The next day...
[Percy Pov.]

     I Hate Heats! I feel like I need a dominant, and it hurts like hell to keep my instincts down. I'm growling at anyone who get to close everything seems like it's going ok.
      I'm watching the recruits doing shooting drills when I hear an Drill Sargent tell a recruit who is struggling that he "Shoots like a submissive" that just rubs me the wrong way. The he goes one telling the recruit that he is, "Stupid, worthless, a waste of space," those comments bring up memories, I unknowingly start to growl low in my throat. The Drill Sargent goes on and on humiliating him in front of everyone, telling him that he's unteachable. My feet start moving, my growl gets louder, my rifle finds its way into my hands. As I pass everyone stops shooting and watches me. The Sargent is still barking the poor guy. I reach them, the recruit stares at me with wide eyes from where he is in a prone position with his rifle, the Sargent stops and looks at me. I stop growling and stare at him making him uncomfortable for a little.
       "Well maybe if you actually could teach someone he wouldn't be a bad shot," I say. The Sargent starts turning purple, I ignore him and turn to the recruit. "What's your name soldier?" I question, "L-Leo, sir," he stutters out. "I'm not a sir, I work for a living. Get into position Leo," I responded. He got into position I told him what was wrong with the stance and he fixed if right away. By now we have the whole firing range tuning in. I get down next to him in the same position. "Now," I start, "Don't jerk on the trigger, it's like an old toy of your with memories and stories attached to it. You want to be gentil with it, you don't want to break it. All right?" He nods looking like he actually understood now, "All right, shoot!" I tell him. He does it's almost a perfect bull's eye, he looks amazing that he could do it. "Now remember how that feels, I would tell you to relax more but we both know you won't want or be able to on the battle field," I clap him on the shoulder.
         I start walking way when a hand grabs my sleeve. In stiffen and look at the owner of the hand, it was Leo, " why did you help me?" I soften "Because we both knew Sargent d*k head would get no where. A-and I use to be told the same things I believe them for a long while to. Then I realized that I was who I had to be and I was anything I thought of my self as. Keep dreaming Leo the world will need you." I reply and start walking again, out of the firing range full of gasping dogs.
         Today was a good day. But it's never a good night I can't sleep, I can never sleep more than three hours tops before the night terrors come. And I'm in heat there will be no sleeping tonight...

Hello lovely readers, I promise I will update my other story too! I hope you liked this chapter. The next one will be some more of Percy's heat and the we will move on or will Nico move first...*suspenseful music*
Bye thank you so much for reading!
Love Lucy