Chapter-1: The Meeting.

My head rested against the cold window as I stared out of it and at the sprinting trees

Forests were never my thing. Being brought up around beaches does certain things to you and the possibility of not being attracted by other natural forms, ever in your life, is one of them.

The jewel blue waters entice you to an extent where you wouldn't wish to think about anything else. The rough and coarse sand fits so perfectly against your feet that you feel it has been made just for you. The cotton candy-like clouds and the sea at the far end touching the horizon, makes you forget all the sorrows of life.

These are a few of the infinite reasons as to why I've always loved Miami so much and why I feel dejected for we've moved hundreds of miles away from it.

"Are you sure you'll be able to cope up, honey?" Asked Mom, breaking my train of thoughts. She was driving us to our new house in the state of Alabama.

Her profession never really required her to move states until now, she had decided to work at a hospital in Huntsville for charity.

As far as I've heard, Huntsville was a mediocre sort of a town, situated up in northern Alabama. With its humid and damp weather situations, it wasn't exactly a place one would choose to find themselves a home in.

"Yeah, it's fine mom," I replied, trying to make my lie sound believable. No one in the world would ever be able to cope up with the fact that they had to move out of a perfect house facing a beach, and lodge into a place surrounded by thick canopied trees, snakes, and whatnot.

Except for my mom and dad, that is.

"I talked to the school authorities, they said the school will start next week."

"Okay." I sighed. Another one of the places I disliked to the moon and back. Schools were no schools anymore, they seemed like hell with fluorescent lighting. No one liked school anyway, but I, well I have gone pretty much overboard with my feelings of immense hatred for my school life.

"It's good, you'll have enough time to make some new friends and explore Huntsville." She said, smiling at me.

"Friends?" My mouth released what seemed like a sarcastic laugh.

"Yeah? What's wrong with that?" She asked, confused.

"Mom, I've never had a friend, even in Miami. What makes you think I'll make one here?"

"Alicia, why do you keep doubting yourself? Darling, you need to get out of your shell. And I assure you, you'll find friends here. I don't know why but I have a feeling that this place will change your life." Those words from my mother didn't make much sense at that time.

Huntsville was definitely going to change my life but for better or worse, was what I was yet to find out.

"Mom, I am not interested in this topic anymore. I am tired, when will we reach?"