Chapter-7: Cuts and Bandages...

•Ranger•

•Ranger•

"Where the fuck are you?!" My ear drums could have popped out with Phyre's shrill scream. It took a lot of time for ringing in my ears to stop.

"Uh...I..."

"No! I've been freaking out. I thought Patrick hurt you or something!"

More like Chase.

"No, nobody did anything."

Partly a lie.

"I just came out to clear my mind. But don't worry, I am nearby and will be heading out soon." I shoved my ear plugs and iPod in my bag.

"You better." And she hung up.

She's so overprotective. But I kinda' like that.

I grabbed my guitar which was resting against the tree, I had placed my against and zipped the cover but before I stood up, something froze me to my spot.

A crinkle of dry leaves.

I immediately whipped my head towards the direction of the sound but there was no one to be seen. Just a giant tree.

Must be a squirrel.

The park was rather suspicious anyway, and what happened on first visit here didn't boost my confidence either. Yet, I shook all the negative thoughts out of my always worried head and headed to my car. Stepping out of the park, I had just unlocked the doors to my car, when I saw a BMW drive past me in full speed and if I was in my right senses, I think I saw Chase Kingsleigh, driving it. Against my better judgement, I let such weird thoughts slide. I wasn't that attractive to get followed by guys, especially by guys like Chase. 

But, I still considered it to be some random person passing from this place and with the same thought headed back to school. P.E too was eventful and full of drama. First off, I reached late. Second, I saw a large, almost purple hickey on my neck while I was changing. Third, I had to keep my hair down in the skin melting weather, just to hide that. Rest of it was even more eventful as Chase continued to intimidate me plus Phyre saw the hickey. 

To say she was shocked, would be like undermining her facial expressions. She looked like a squirrel whose eyes were about to pop out. It was a huge task to get her off this topic but I managed to do that pretty well.

Finally, the school was dispersed after three more classes and I raced straight home. At home, as mom wasn't there, I took out a pain easing ointment from her medical supplies drawer and applied it on the purple bruise on the junction of my neck and shoulder.