Chapter-5: Phyre.

°Ranger°

The past week was pretty normal for me, well except for the first two days when I had awkward encounters with the guy who happened to be my first kiss, but that was all.

Thankfully, I was ignored at Ravenport High just like my previous school, the only difference was that I wasn't bullied here, except for the times when Chase's aids demanded my signatures on those guide agreement sheets, they did trouble me a little but then again, that was all.

Chase never came to me with the sheets after our last encounter. It was generally his friends and I too signed without causing any trouble.

By now, I knew the route to almost all of my classes and Chase was in three of them. He didn't try to initiate any sort of conversation like he earlier had and I was somewhat thankful for that.

He was a popular guy, with great looks, loads of talent and popular friends too. By whatever I noticed during the school hours, I concluded that the guy with brown hair and green eyes, who was always by Chase's side, was his best friend, Patrick Sheckler. Almost everything and everybody in the Ravenport High revolved around these two.

I shared French with Patrick and trust me, he is not even a little bit polite. I also saw him in my psychology class the other day and he was in my chemistry too.

I was beside my locker when I heard a group of girls walking by and talking something about Patrick being slapped.

Patrick Sheckler was slapped?

I couldn't help but snicker a little. I did hear a lot about the rest of story in my first class, when Jessica, the female on the top most rung of the ladder called popularity, expressed her hateful feeling towards the girl who had slapped Patrick.

Fire was the name.

Apparently, this Fire, a new girl was beside her locker when Patrick tried to talk to her and touched her in the process. And that was all for her to slap him right across his face. I personally think, that Patrick being his rude self would've done more than that to arouse such a reaction from a new girl.

During the first period, her description circulated around the English class with boys describing her as hot and girls envying her personality. The teacher didn't come and I was stuck in the class listening to the gossips all the humans on heels had to spill.

From the blessings of the almighty the class came to an end and I was privileged enough to walk out of that hell with fluorescent lighting.

Next was Mechanics.

Saying that, I am social recluse wouldn't be wrong, so yes I went for the seat farthest away from people and hoped that no one would take the seat beside mine.

I thanked whatever was up there as the class began and nobody came to sit beside me but the thanking soon transformed into cursing as a girl entered the room in a rush.

She looked straight at the seat beside mine and stalked over.

Why this one?!

I asked inwardly to myself.

Because this is the only empty seat in the whole damn room.

That was my conscience by the way. She does like to provide me with valuable opinions multiple times a day. Kindly note the sarcasm.

Initially, I was a bit uncomfortable in the place but all of that dissolved into thin air when I realised the identity of the person sitting beside.

Fire.

The new girl.

The girl who slapped Patrick Sheckler.