Chapter-6 : Want...

°Kingsleigh°

Never in my life of 18 years did anyone do such a thing to me. Throwing a bucket full of ice cold water on a poor soul like me, was purely an act inspired by Satan. Who could believe that a harmless, social recluse, Alicia Ranger could do such an unforgivable crime, And ganging up with a new girl, that too against us wasn't expected from anybody at The Ravenport High, let alone Alicia Ranger.

I rummaged through the kitchen of the Sheckler Mansion, only after I had changed into my dry clothes. What Ranger did had to be forgotten and satisfying my hunger was the only way to do so. There was a box of doughnuts in the fridge which I readily picked up.

"Keep an eye on her account." Patrick entered into the kitchen snatched a doughnut from my hand.

"I am doing that. She hasn't posted anything yet. I'll tell you if she does so." I took a large bite out of another one of the caramel doughnuts. "But I have to agree Phyre got you good."

"Says the guy who went smack on his ass and couldn't catch hold of a girl, even though he is a great soccer player." Patrick's eyes were trained on me, challenging me to say something back.

But I didn't. He was damn right.

"We need to get the girl Alicia under our hold and then Phyre will be a lone wolf and her hunting would become easy."

We were never challenged, people at Ravenport accepted us the way we were- superior. Phyre and Alicia, both of them newbies, stood up against us. It was kind of amusing to be a part of all this drama and I was prepared to take it ahead. It does hurt when the reputation you've worked so hard to maintain is on the verge of dissolving into nothing. Can't say much about myself but Patrick wasn't one of those people who would take all this drama easily, and that meant that he'd be plotting something by now.

×××××

I parked my car beside a blonde's. I have seen her many-a-times in school, so I decided to talk to her.

"Hey, err..." I trailed.

"Manny" She smiled.

"Hi, Manny . I am Chase."

"Everybody knows you."

"Oh! Yeah...so how you doing?"

"I am doing well, is there anything you want to talk about...I mean something important?" She asked, patiently tapping her foot.

"Uh...I wanted to know if you were free to..."

Someone grabbed me from the collar and yanked me towards him.

"You bastard!"

I looked wide eyed at Patrick, his face was red from exertion and he looked angry beyond measure.

"I told you to keep a tab on her, you douchebag!"

What the hell did I do?

"Chill, bro. Tell me what happened." I tried to pry his hands off my collar.

"Phyre posted the video. And the whole damn school has seen it now."