Chapter Sixteen

↑↑↑↑↑↑↑
C.J Ezeawata up in the picture.

My Jumu'ah prayer to you my dear readers. Much love♥♥♥

May the guidance of Suratul Fatiha, the protection of Ayatul Qursiyu and the fortification of Suratul Ikhlas, Falaq and Nas be upon you today and forever. On a special day, special people with special place in my  heart are remembered in my prayers. "Ya Allah! When You update the list of those you will admit into Jannah today, let the readers of this message and their family be  included,and make them permanent dwellers of Jannat Firdaos, Ameen" Jummah Mubaraq!

It was around 7:45pm in the night and Fateema having just returned from performing Isha prayer was seated on one of the chairs in her supervisor's office. She quietly waited for him as he scanned through her thesis.

Just then, a light knock came at the door and before he could even answer, the door swung open and in came a buxomly beauty clad in a knee-length figure-hugging dress.

Sashaying towards him, she cooed, "Hi, Sweetie!" before bending down to give him a peck on the cheek.

His forehead creasing into a frown, he queried, "What are you doing here again, Debbie? .I thought we've gone through this before. No visitations while I am in the office! "

"But darling, can't a lady visit her fiance whenever she misses him?.I miss you terribly, sweetheart. You never stay at home these days. You're always overworking yourself in the office. That's why I decided to come take you out on a surprise date.Isn't it so exciting? We haven't gone out for ages!."

Stifling his fingers together and giving her one of his famous intimidating looks, he said, "Look, Deborah. I'm very busy as you can see (he indicated the papers before him and Fateema who was feeling so awkward).As you well know I'm on a deadline and I have to round up with these project students before I leave. So please, save the date till another time. For now go back home and cook for me or something. I'll be back as soon as I'm through with her. "

That prompted Deborah to glare at Fateema, focussing her attention on her for the first time since she came in.
"Do you mean to tell me that your work comes before your fiancee? "
She asked, wriggling the engagement ring on her finger.

Hearing that, Fateema abruptly got up, muttered "Excuse me, Sir" and was almost at the door when she heard Deborah say,"No come back here and let him finish his work. We'll meet later, Chris."
With that, she sashayed her way out of the office, leaving her fiance to dissolve back into his reading while Fateema stealthily returned to her seat.

Chris....Christopher.So that's what the 'C'  stands for.Remaining the 'J'.Anyway, Debbie if you had kept your Chris to yourself it would have been the best. This wicked man making me stay up to early hours of the night just to. ...

"Fateema!".

Sitting up straight, she hastily answered, "Yes Sir!"

"Where did your mind drift to?.Anyway, I asked what were your findings under the anaerobic conditions. You didn't state it in details here."