Chapter 26

*** Cashmere's POV ***

-" How's Jeffrey?" I asked. I just wanted to know if my friend is okay. I couldn't afford to lost him too. Mike been a brother and hero to me for a couple of minutes; it really crushed my heart seeing him passed away. Not talking about blood but Jeffrey been like a brother to me since I was a toddler, he had my back in every circumstances, we got history; I would be completely devastated if I found out that he's dead. I would feel guilty as well for not being there for him. I should've never let him go by himself.

-" Listen, I'm the one who asks the questions here. Why you killed them?" I laughed. Was-that supposed to be a serious question? " Oh! That's funny? I don't have all day, Mr. Alexander. Start confessing your crimes if you don't want to pass the rest of your lives behind the bars." I looked at that young white man who looked like haven't shaved for months now, and felt this urge of slapping the hell out of him. But, I wasn't in the best position to take any actions. How dared he accusing me like that?

-" I did not kill them. Jizzy planned everything. He's the criminal. Not me." I said with a serious face impression. I was not going to jail for something that I didn't do. No way.

-" You've hated Michael for a long time. When you found out that Jizzy is betraying you and that Mike is also your brother, you couldn't take it any longer. You got jealous knowing that your father had a better relationship with Mike than you. He could be himself around Mike. You planned everything and killed them. Am-I lying?" Of course he was. He was all wrong.

-" I'm done. You gonna have to take to my lawyer." I said. I didn't want that guy to make me say something that I shouldn't be saying. I had no fault whatsoever. But, these dudes were so good that could make someone doubt himself. I was done talking to someone who was not going to listen.

-" You need to talk now. Mackenzie a.k.a Jizzy is in critical condition. If he dies, do you know how complicated your case will get?" The man advised me. Hold on! That son of a gun was still alive? I didn't care if his death could complicated my situation. I hope he died. I hoped he died really fast.

-" Like I said, you can contact my lawyer." I repeated. But, I didn't have anyone to defend me yet.

-" Mr. Alexander, if you admit what you did, I can talk to the judge so you can be in jail for a shorter time." Yeah right, I knew that line already. I've watched many of those C.S.I shows. I didn't want to be in that place for even one minute. I was just about to tell him to leave me alone when I heard the door opened. I turned around to see Lucky standing there. What did-he want?

-" Gregory, get the f*ck out of here." Lucky yelled at the detective. What did-he think he was doing? That dude was going to cause me more problems.

-" Lucky, leave please." I almost begged. But, they both seemed to ignore me.

-" Benjamin, I'm interrogating the man." The detective said. Wait! Did-he just called Lucky? I was lost.

-" This is my motherf*cking case. Your coward ass didn't want to even help. I'm not going to let you take away from me what I worked hard for. Now, get out or we will have a problem." Lucky said. The man stared at Lucky or Benjamin for a good seconds before taking his documents and walked out. What was going on?

-" Hey, Mr. Alexander, I'm Inspector Lawrence. My full name is Benjamin Lawrence. Out of work people called me by Benji. I have a couple of questions to ask you about the incident that happened a couple of hours ago." The man that I thought was my friend, the man who dated my co-parent, the man that I used to call by Lucky, the strong drug dealer just told me that he was far from what we thought. He played all of us.

-" Why am-I getting all the surprises today?" I asked.

-" Cashmere, my job is to make sure that we're living in a safer place. I've worked for the FBI for eight years; then I was asked to move in Atlanta to help. The crime's level was increasing every year. I did my job. We arrested many. One of them, Chance decided to cooperate with the law. He told us about all the drug dealers, everything. The number one in the list was your father, Ross. Since he died, there was nothing for us to worry about him. Then, we learned about Mackenzie alias Jizzy. We knew he was very dangerous. Your brother, Michael and his uncle Leroy were also in our list. That's where we had some doubts. Mike was involving in too much school activities to have time for drug traffic. We thought that his uncle was using him. We put in a plan. I agreed to play Chance's little brother, Lucky who actually died in another state three years ago. Chance's mother accepted to help us because we promised to free her son once we found all the drug dealers; which we'll do. While playing my role, you and Jeffrey came in the picture. I had to be your friends to know what you guys were about. Then, I realized that y'all weren't like the others. Y'all wanted to get revenge for someone who did so many bad things. I saw ignorance in y'all and it helped understand things better." Benji told me his story. He was going to get promoted. He was going to have more money. What was going to happen to me? What was going to be my ending?